01's Blackhole Full Game

Hey, here’s a demo of a game I’ve been working on for a month. If you find any bugs or have feedback you can send it here or through the form in the pause menu ingame
Here’s the plot of the game
Jack is sucked into a blackhole after trying to look for help. Jack now has to fight and find his way back home and stop who’s making the blackholes.

1 Like

Hi carlosfruitcup, I didn’t try your game as there was no play in browser version. I don’t know if other people are similar to me but if I see a featured game here that I have to download to play, I just don’t bother. Have you considered making a browser version available?

2 Likes

Sure, I’ll upload it to newgrounds

Here you go, this version is a little bit farther then the versions on itch right now, so if there are any bugs just send it here or through the form in the pause menu

The demo is neat, I really like how you have hidden the tutorial tips into the ground itself.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for sharing the link. It looks good and runs smoothly. I didn’t know how to get out of the first room though. I agree, having tips in the floor was a really nice touch, very clever. I didn’t know what the thing that looked like a ruler on the floor represented though.

Also, ignore me if it’s part of the gameplay strategy, but have you thought about editing the points of Jack so that he can go closer to the walls than in this pic? He can’t go any closer to the wall that he’s looking at.

1 Like

Thanks for playing, I’m not sure if you figured it out yet, but the ruler is the spacebar and I haven’t changed Jack’s hitbox for the side walls since It would affect everything else in the game, I can change the side wall hitboxes if enough people complain about it tho.

I’ve got a couple of suggestions. I’ve noticed a glitch where a line appears between the wall block and the edge of the wall :

Firstly, make the wall edge and main part one object, one for each direction. You can change the collision mask of each wall object so it remains how you have it now. That will remove the glitching.

Secondly, it looks like you’ve got a Separate 2 objects action to keep the player away from the wall. You may want to do something about that collision check when the player is moving through walls, 'cos it’s causing another glitch. Here are the 4 frames when spacebar and ‘S’ are pressed :

1 Like

Also, is there a way to get out of the first room? I can see the two white arrows/pointers, but can’t work out what they’re for…

There is, I’ve forgotten to increase the dialogue trigger size, just go all the way down where the pointers are and press z.
Also thank you for the info you’ve sent!

Ah, I got it. I didn’t see the Z and X in the ground - there’s a bit of glare in my room, and it makes the subtle letters almost impossible to see.

The tips on the floor will be a lot more visible in the next patch

1 Like

Hi again, what does the space bar do? It made things flicker a bit but nothing else for me. And I turned my brightness up and disabled my screen yellow light filter thing. But couldn’t see any white arrows or letters x and z.

The game looks pretty good. Not really my genre, so it lost my interest pretty quickly, but what I did play was quite enjoyable.

I really liked the warning you get in the first boss battle though. It’s a small thing, but it makes a huge difference to the game enjoyment. The shadow moving and after a small delay - BAM! big ugly comes crashing down. That delay is well implemented and is enough to react on and move out the way. It is most satisfying to dodge it and inflict more damage :grinning:

1 Like

Press down against the bottom wall where there is ground on the other side, and then press space bar. Voila - you move through the wall.

2 Likes

Thank you for playing! Sorry if the game was a little bit confusing and I’m glad you liked the first boss

Nothing to apologise for. You’ve got an idea of how the game works. Now you’re testing it out and realising it’s not quite understood the way you had thought. It’s all part of the game development. Try things out and see if the audience gets it and like is.

Keep in mind that the comments are from a very, very small selection of players. And it could just be the @bubble and I are a pair of Doofuses who don’t get what may be obvious to most other players.

2 Likes

You’ll come across those once you’ve mastered the space key :grin:

1 Like

Jack is sucked into a blackhole after trying to look for help. Jack now has to fight and find his way back home and stop who’s making the blackholes.

After a month of developing 01’s Blackhole, this is the demo!

It’s been fun and frustrating creating this game. I will still develop the full version, I’m having a lot of fun fleshing out the characters and story, plus I’m too far into making it to give up now.

Controller may be supported in the future, but no promises.

krnt.run
myindigocard app

Why are you reposting the game description?