An action to modify the animation speed (and others values)

Hi!

Currently there is not a simple (or documented) way to modify the speed of an animation.

I think it will be incredibly useful if you include an action to modify this value.

For example, I made this algorithm to simulate the speed and time variations of each slot in a slot machine:

http://www.forum.compilgames.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6266

It’s relatively easy for me because I’m a programmer and I think in algorithms (or I’m crazy, don’t know yet) but it’s hard for some new users of this software to guess how to achieve some stuff.

The same effect I get in that example can be achieved with many less lines if an action as “Change animation speed” is created.

And as this example, I think there are other values that would be useful to change at runtime.

Those variables are there, we just need the way to change it at runtime.

:wink:

This is indeed missing :slight_smile:

could be useful for a gradually accelerating character movement, where the speed of a run cycle animation could be determined by the speed of their movement (see sonic the hedgehog games)…

we used similar logic when implementing animations for froggy:
imovethings.blogspot.com/search/label/superfrog

Cant remember if the programmer in the team managed to get that one in though. :unamused:

I’ve added it (an action to change the animation speed scale) and 4ian will probably merge it before the next release. :wink:

:mrgreen: Thank you!

awesome!! :smiley: