Android Playtesters Needed!

Hey all, been a minute since I’ve posted here, but I finally have a demo build of my game SUPERKILL that I’m ready to let see the light of day. This game is my attempt to capture the frantic, addicting gameplay loop of Hotline Miami on a touchscreen device, with super simple controls. I’ve included three levels and a tutorial. The controls: left circle moves the player character; right circle aims and shoots. Release touch to reload. Please download the apk, play it, and let me know what you think! Thanks so much!
SUPERKILL apk

hello, okay first there is a bug where at the start(for the tutorial part) there is a soft lock bug(you got to restart to get out of it) it happens cuz it goes to movement mode after text cut scene it goes to just shooting mode and I can’t move after that, why not try to show them both at the beginning and explain what they do, the second issue is the rotating of player doesn’t seem nice as two things can rotate player 1. being movement 2. being aiming. it gets a little annoying third issue reloading it seems inconsistent for me at least why not make it reload by 1 ammo every second or something. for the shooting, it doesn’t feel nice in my opinion mainly cuz of the aim but also cuz of you got to move the joystick for it, why not make it so you just got to touch it?. hopes this helps :slight_smile: (i didn’t have sounds on so I’m not sure if there are any, also art looks nice also i don’t know what “Hotline Miami” is like as i haven’t played it but the game “SUPERKILL” is good so far)

1 Like

Wow, thanks for taking the time to play my game and for all the feedback! Yeah virtual controls are a pain to get right, but hopefully I’ll get there eventually. Reloading is annoying, you have to completely release the screen which means you can’t move while reloading. Which can get you killed super easily. I definitely need to reevaluate that.

1 Like