App Pauses Spotify when using video as background on Home

My app uses a video as the background on the home scene.
When testing the app on mobile (even in a web browser) when I go to the home screen it pauses my Spotify app.
This normally wouldn’t be a big deal but seeing as I am developing an educational app that could be used for studying, I fear it might be frustration to some users that enjoy listening to music while studying.
Is there a work around on this?
My video has no audio so I’m wondering if it would be worth it to just export the videos as a .gif and make the background a sprite with 1000+ small image files?

TIA

You’re right, don’t use the video unless you need it. Locking the sound seems normal.

1 Like

One possible workaround you could try is exporting the videos as a .gif and making the background a sprite using multiple small image files. This might prevent the app from pausing Spotify since the video won’t have any audio. It’s definitely worth giving it a shot and seeing if it works for you. By the way, have you ever considered boosting your Spotify plays? You can just buy spotify plays. It can be a great way to increase your visibility and reach a wider audience. There are various services available that can help you with that. Just a little tip that might come in handy.