As I understand it, this is how layer effects work:
- You add an effect to a layer in the Layers editor (UI) and give it a name
- It is then applied to the layer in the game
- If you want to show/hide it conditionally, you can do so via actions in the events sheet
- You can only enable a layer effect on a layer (via an action) if that effect has first been created on the layer in question (via the UI)
- Is there a better way to add a conditional effect to a layer than creating it, disabling it at the beginning of scene, then re-enabling it when a given condition is met?
- Is there a way to create an effect via the UI once (e.g. blur) then add it to multiple layers via event actions?
If you have multiple layers, you can add the same effect to all of your layers.
But I can’t see how to do that. At least not without duplicating the effect multiple times…