Can anybody tell what's wrong with my wheel joints?

Hello,

Please take a look at the video and let me know why the wheel gets wobbly and then falls off after a few moments of driving.

Let me know if you want to see the behaviors or the event sheet to help me solve this issue.

Thank you!

You might need to tweak some of the settings. There is a downhill bike example. You can compare its settings to yours. You can try increasing or decreasing some of the values. Probably increase.

My joints always seem a bit unstable. I think one of the keys is to make sure the physics collision masks aren’t too small. I think they fall apart sometimes because there’s not enough of an overlap. The wheel is easy but the frame mask could be too small if you try to match the image too closely.

Edit: I’m on my PC. So, I was able to get a better look at the video.
There’s a better project to look at “car physics”

Instead of applying a linear force to the wheels, you could use the motor. I think when it’s adding force to the wheel, it might be separating the wheel from the joint. Think of a wheel in the real world. You either use the motor or add a torque force (rotational) or reduce the friction as in the bike example.

There also seems to be a wobble in the rear wheel. IDK if the suspension is weaker or something is off centered.

1 Like

I will try out all the suggestions and let you know how it went! :slight_smile:

1 Like