Computer versus human

Hi, is it possible to create a game whereby there are 4 players and 3 of the players are computer players and another 1 player who is a human player (that means a real person playing the game)?

1 Like

please just stop with “Is it possible to make bla bla bla kind of game” kind of question. The answer is always “yes if it doesn’t involve 3d”. And I don’t tell it only to you but to everyone who posts that kind of question.

I’m sorry but do you know how to do it using gdevelop?

yes. it’s not about knowing it’s about thinking about it a minute and themn trying to do it how you imagine it should be done.

Can i have a rough idea of how should i do it? I’ve tried doing it but it can’t seems to work.

Can you be a bit more specific about what the computer supposed to do and what is not working, how far did you get?

Then share what you have done! Stop expecting from us to just do it for you. This is a place where we help people how to improve, show them their errors so they can learn from them. If you just always go here to ask people to just do everything for you then to copy, you wont ever learn anything and you would be wrong to call yourrself a game developper, if you don’t use a little bit of common sense to find yoursaelf a solution or don’t bother to try to find help, but just ask people on the internet to do it for you, you are pretty much a Script Kiddie. Someone who makes someone else work for him or steal their work an attribute everything to themseves.

EDIT: Oh my god I am slowly turning this place into Stack Overflow

1 Like

I am coming out with a game with a computer car versus a human car. There will be a race between them to see who can reach the finishing line first. The human has to answer a few questions to get ahead of the computer car.

You are super super rude. I am not asking you to help me to do out for me. If you feel that i am doing so, then you can don’t bother answering my question. Stop being rude.

Like I just told you, if you want help, show what you have done.

If you want help, don’t tell us “I want that. Do it for me and tell me how you did so I can replicate it”, but show us what you already did, what works or not, what you expected to happen and what you think is the correct way to proceed next.

And EXCUSE me if I am rude, but since you began asking questions, you asked ALWAYS this kind of questions and reposted the SAME QUESTION over and over, so now I begin to be mad. I want to help everyone here, including you, but please stop this “format” of question, and ask them like I said:

If you want help, don’t tell us “I want that. Do it for me and tell me how you did so I can replicate it”, but show us what you already did, what works or not, what you expected to happen and what you think is the correct way to proceed next.

Thank you.

The most simple way to go about this is to make each computer car an individual car object like
CompCar1
CompCar2
CompCar3

Then add each car object to an object group and call the group CompCar
Then, whatever it is that you want the computer cars to do, do it for the group.

More advanced solution is to create a custom behaviour for the computer car and attach it to each car object that you want to be controlled by the computer.

Either case you need to be very clear with your conditions and actions what is it that you want to happen and when.

Since I don’t know what the computer car supposed to do exactly and what problems you have, I can’t be more specific than this. I hope it helps though.
There is also a car racing game example included with GDevelop.

Good luck. :+1:

People will not appreciate the way how you help them. Getting scolded for asking questions. If people don’t know how to do, they should ask. If you feel bothered by these kind of questions, then you can just ignore them and not reply to their questions. Have more courtesy towards others. Thanks.

Thank you for your help. Appreciated!