Deceleration Acceleration Top Down Movement Bug

Hello I think there’s a bug with the top-down movement. I’m trying to make a level where there are patches of ice on the ground and you slip when you are on the ice. To do this I made an event that says that when you are on the ice your acceleration and deceleration are lowered. This kind of works but not entirely. For example, if you’re on the ice and you move up and then change direction and move down, you keep moving up for a second before you move down. This is fine and it is what I want it to do. However, if you are walking up at full speed and then start moving right, you don’t slip in the upward direction. You just immediately start moving at a right angle (perpendicular) to the the angle you were previously moving in. If you are not going full speed, and you do this same maneuver, you do slip as expected. Someone else tested this out and had the same problem. He also thought it was a bug. You can see the thread about it here: How do I make player slip on ice in topdown game? - #2 by Gruk

Is this something that can be fixed?

Thanks.

:wave:
I have forwarded the issue to the devs, please wait for feedback. :slight_smile:

Ok great! Thank you!

Hey Gruk, did you ever hear back about the issue?

Hi,
A fix was found, but I don’t think it has been implemented yet.
You can check for updates here: Sharp turns with topdown · Issue #3802 · 4ian/GDevelop · GitHub

Thanks. The guy you were talking to said “The case is too specific to be integrated in the top-down behavior as it would be almost impossible to control.” So doesn’t that mean they’re not going to implement the fix?

I’m afraid so. Wait and see. :sweat_smile: