[DONE V5.1.156] Different ways to add a point in the collision mask

Update: A more user friendly way to add points to the collision masks has been adde to version 5.1.156. Read the release here

It would be nice if there were other ways to add a point to a collision mask, instead of clicking on the + sign and then dragging it (or typing in coordinates) where you want it to go. Some possibilities:

A “pen tool” feature like you see in photo editing software such as Photoshop. Just click where you want the points, then once you click on the original point it closes the shape.

You could also right click in the collision mask editor and have an option to choose “create point here”.

Also, you can currently drag the points around in the list. It would be nice if you could right click and choose “add point above/below” and then a new point is created on the existing mask between those two points that you can then manipulate.

2 Likes

I second the motion. They could put an extra button that turns on “add point” mode, and allows you to just click points, without having to hit the ‘add vertex’ button every time.

Hello y’all
I’m letting you know that I’m changing the title of this request to add “feature in the backlog”.
:wink:

1 Like

I’m letting you know that this feature is already under development. :star2:
If you’d be interested on testing it, answer to this comment before January 6th. I’ll send you a link and the tasks to be executed.

You’ll need a desktop support and being able to record your screen and audio (no need for frontal camera).
I use the Bubbles extension for this purpose, but you can use other softwares Bubbles Screenshot and Screen Video Recorder - Chrome Web Store

Looking foreword from hearing from y’all

1 Like

I would be more than happy to help testing this feature!

1 Like

Update: thank you for your interest. The testing has been done.
This topic is officially closed, and you can:

Follow on GitHub: Allow to add a vertex to a collision mask by pulling an edge. by D8H · Pull Request #4778 · 4ian/GDevelop · GitHub

1 Like