Falling through platform? :(

I am a teacher and a total beginner to GDevelop. I have watched the videos and on my first try I managed to make a sprite and a platform. I positioned the sprite above the tiled sprite, set the behaviours to platform character and platform respectively, and the sprite stopped on the platform. I could run and jump as I wanted to, all was great.

Yesterday when I had a class I did (at least I thought), exactly the same thing, but the sprite kept falling through the platform :frowning:

I have tried to search the forum but I feel that my question seems a bit too basic to be honest! Does anyone know what the issue could be? :confused:

I have tried so many things but cannot seem to get it back to that first project when I started.

Many thanks in advance,

Jamie.

So, what you can check, is the player’s collision mask at the “Edit object” tab

Adjust it as necessary

Did you by any chance forget to add the platform behaviour?

Hi Reborn. Thank you yes, I tried this and it did work for some of them! :slight_smile:

Can I just check - should the red box be right in line with the outline of the sprite, or a little bit outside, a little bit inside is the best?

No I triple checked that the correct ones were assigned to the Platform and the Sprite individually. I think the issue may have been the collision mask.

Does the Z layer have any impact? Or the ‘grab onto ledges’ part? I’m still confused why sometimes it will say Z layer 1, 2, other times Z layer 2, 3.

Basically, the z layer tell what order sprites will stack, similar to the order of sheets of paper. On the note of the hit box, I always have it exactly the outline.

Can I just check - should the red box be right in line with the outline of the sprite, or a little bit outside, a little bit inside is the best?

That should not matter, as long as your sprite is not positioned inside the floor