Flying Virus Demo Showcase

Here is my hyper casual one finger game . You are playing a virus jumping from planet to planet and avoiding some meteroit . Your goal is infecting as much as planet in every level. You will also see some pick up items that gives shield , teleports , slows time and sweep rocks and moons. It have 500 level ,which every level is generated by an algorithm written by node.js . Still on progress and adding different pickable items .
Please comment negative/positive , any feedback will be appreciated.

Watch demo video here

2 Likes

HI @berkaltug ,
Wow, I like your game. It’ a very simple but interesting idea.

You should insert elements to make the game varied.
Some ideas:
moon that round the target planets
change virus speed according to the planet size
insert scores
insert global scores ( “wow, you are the best in universe” when you have the biggest score)
Insert some object that you can pick up during planets transactions
insert ufo
…

Be,
J

Thanks for kind advices mate :slight_smile: Moons already implemented around planets , just didn’t showed in the video . I have some pickups but not done yet , Some will destroy all obstacle from screen , some will teleport to nearest planet etc.
I will record their videos and will share here with you all :slight_smile:
Global leaderboard is actually good idea , as i am a node.js dev , making simple server that stores leaderboard is easy peasy :stuck_out_tongue: thanks for this idea.
I am also open to some polishing tips , ( level select background isn’t done yet :sweat_smile:)
Cheers

Hi berkaltug, it looks like a fun game and looks great. How far round each planet does the virus have to go to infect it? Does the distance depend on the size of the planet? I was expecting it would have to completely encircle it but no? And perhaps the level select menu could look similar to the game with a background image and more space themed numbers? Good luck with it all.

1 Like

Yeah planets collision masks are square shaped now , i thought it would be okay but i will make them more rounded , also no its not size dependent , you just have to collide with those. New demo videos on the way :slight_smile:

What I meant was that currently the virus takes the left path in my drawing. What I was thinking was that the virus would need to go all the way round as in the drawing on the right. This way, there’s a cost for infecting a larger planet. It might give more points but takes longer to do. It gives the player a choice: concentrate on the small planets or be slowed down but get more points for the bigger planets.

2 Likes

Another idea is to speed up the player when is turning around the planet

1 Like