GDevelop 5 new editor - Beta versions

Are the sound of the platformer or space shooter examples playing properly on your Android phone?

By the way, beta 18 is available, I’ve fixed the Sepia layer effect that was blocking games and made Pathfinding behavior available in GD 5 :smiley:

It works Florian! Thank you!

Thank you very much, 4ian!
Android 6.0 has a sound already, and Android 4.4.2 has no sound yet. Perhaps it is very old. I have to find and try another phone with Android 4.4.2 to check if the problem is in the phone.
So I keep doing the project of the game I started. :smiley:

Cheers!

P.S. I’m sorry that you lost time with my problems!
GDevelop 5 becomes very good!

The Godot game has sound in your Android 4.4.2 phone using the same sound file?, from what I’ve seen, Godot developers try to keep compatibility with old (sometimes very old, which isn’t bad) hardware and software :confused:

I wanted my games to be used on Android 4.4.2, because according to Google data, another 12.8% of Android 4.4.2 is being used worldwide. This is more than Android 5.0 and Android 7.1.
https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html

@4ian.

I tried to upload a project to GD hosting but it lost the music and some sprites somewhere between upload and compile:
You can try it here:

Also, every time I close GD5, it try to install a new version out of nowhere. Fortunately my AV stop it. Personally.
When GD5 is out of beta I can see this feature going to be important to help people keep up to date but for now, while it in beta I would prefer to disable this “feature” and I want to install a new version of GD5 only if it got a feature or fix that I really need. Just to avoid any project braking bugs that would corrupt the project :stuck_out_tongue: Just an idea :blush:

@vpveiev:
i did some search and seems like lot of people have this problem with Cordova unfortunately I did not find any solution for WebGL games :frowning:
Regardless what the statistics saying, most devices sold today running Android 6 and 7. Devices running Android 4 are mostly TV boxes, I don’t think many people game on a TV box as most game simply don’t run or not compatible with the keyboard and remote of these boxes. Phones and tables running Android 4 are mostly cheap Chinese trash or very old devices with low memory and slow cpu, I don’t think many people would game on them either. Well, I don’t.

@ddabrahim Fixed in beta 22! Large files weren’t uploading properly. Please update to beta 22 as previous version won’t upload properly.

For old android versions it’s unlikely that I’ll be able to fix this indeed. As Android 4 devices are getting older, new more performant Android phones are coming with Android 5+, and Android 5/6/7 have powerful JS + WebView engines (based on Chrome) that support latest HTML5 features.
On the contrary, Android 4 phones have limited HTML5 support (for example, no proper WebAudio), it’s difficult to workaround these issues or even get performant games on it!

I have beta22 tried it again but unfortunately I get gdjs is undefined this time :frowning:
gd-games.s3-website-eu-west-1.am … 6665740448

@4ian
I was attempt to make a theme, but there is a few things that I’m struggling with.
For example, I can’t figure out how to change the styling of the comments, groups, links and javascript event in the event sheet, also if I change the styling of the instances window it override the style for all themes. Also, I don’t really like that when I change the styling of one thing the same styling applied on other things as well. For example I set the text color in the list then the same color apply on the notification panel background also if I set the color of the buttons in the object editor window it change the color of something else too that I didn’t like and so on.

For the above reason probably I’m not going to be able make the theme look exactly as I want and finish it.
It is not complete and I don’t think it worth including in GD in it current form so instead of making a pull request I leave it here for you and others to see what I got :stuck_out_tongue:
[attachment=0]DDarkTheme.zip[/attachment]

Some ‘Standard’ enhancements that I think should be implemented…

There should be a List of last opened projects at startup
The tabs… ( Start Page / Scene / Events ) should shift right when you open project manager
Project Manager, layers, instances should open below icon bar, so you can always see icon bar
The icons that open windows should be toggles, so a second click closes the window

The theme should be editable if possible so we can create our own colours
and I love the dark theme and think it should be the default!

@ddabrahim

For the theme, the whole app is built on components (most of them are coming from material-ui.com/#/components/list, so the styling is done for all components. It’s less flexible but allow for much quicker development - as most components are using standard building blocks that are the same and styled the same way. It’s also better for the consistency of the whole interface :slight_smile:

@Zat thanks for the suggestion. I consider adding a list of last opened projects later.

I’ve released beta 24 with a basic resources editor - allowing you to remove useless images. I’ll improve it later (with automatic detection of unused resources for example).

Thank you for the new version and the explanation. I’m going to look in to the Material UI components when I have time. Though, I need to agree with Zat on that it would be better to include a theme editor at least to change some of the base colors. That’s the most I could do anyway :wink:

Are you able to add a feature to check for updates? I found myself 6 versions behind :ugeek:

@foodlord Already done :smiley: Since beta 16, an auto-updater feature will let you know when a new version is available, and downloaded in the background. You then just have to restart the app to have the latest version :laughing:

Material UI theming is still quite flexible, lots of things can be changed but you have to dig into the source code (see github.com/mui-org/material-ui/ … uiTheme.js for the list of all theming variables).
Note that theming will change in the upcoming new version of material-ui, so I prefer not to spent too much time on this. :slight_smile:

The text was translated with online translator from Russian.

Hello. Don’t know how else to contact so I wrote the first populous topic. I just downloaded your program, so that it does not require programming. However, I was interested in the possibility of importing games on the Android platform. But as I hope you know Intel XDK ceased to be supported. In this regard, I am very interested in how else you can import the game I’m going to create in your constructor ? :slight_smile:

In case you mean to export to mobile, you can use the GD build service:
wiki.compilgames.net/doku.php/gd … id_and_ios
You can also use PhoneGap and Cocoon.

Спасибо. Активного развития вашему проекту. :slight_smile:

If GD5 Native is receiving networking I would gladly pay a monthly fee for that, if not I am not so sure. I would still support it however was required, one time payment or such. I enjoy the software and think the dev deserves something for his efforts.

On another note is the middle mouse button making a return to scroll the scene that was quite handy and effiecient.

Thanks. :smiley:

Yes I need to agree on that the build service on it own is not enough to make many people subscribe unless it offer better features than competitors like PhoneGap and Cocoon. The fact it works with a single click is nice but definitely need more features.
My recommendation would be:
–the fact it is strongly tight up with GD could make it possible to delivery native features like reading sensors, access camera…etc more simple than with other similar services.
–make one click game hosting part of the monthly service, no free hosting or games would be hosted for free only for 24 hours or less
–add remote preview for mobile that allow you not only preview the game but use mobile features during the preview like reading sensors.
–networking would be nice especially if a multiplayer server would be included so we could develop and share multiplayer games using GD multiplayer service but maybe it would be too expensive to maintain, alternative option could be to offer playerIO integration. It is allow you to build multiplayer games without need to have your own server. Would be nice to have it integrated with GD so we could easily make our GD games communicate with our playerIO hosting server that would be really nice. playerio.com/

I definitely like the sound of that, I can agree to almost any payment model, as long as, which has been already stated, what premium content will we receive.

I think there is a good opportunity to get more users, as there is dissention in the ranks of construct over there new model of browser only, yearly subscription, pure html5, they are looking at Fusion 3, but that hasn’t come to fruition yet. I think new users could come this way with an attractive pay model, as long as the features are there.

Me personally, I have no use for mobile unless it’s for my kids tablets for fun. I want something quick to prototype and put together for desktop.

I am looking forward to whatever the future brings.