Hello Everybody! šŸ˜‰

Hi, people. Iā€™m Pixel15 and I had some experience with TGF to many years ago doing little games, but stopped. That was fun and a few months ago I started researching again about game engines andā€¦ here I am! hehe.

I have no idea how I could collaborate with something someday, because I donā€™t know nothing! But for now Iā€™m swimming on the Wiki, Tutorials and reading the Forum to learn a little. And thatā€™s it. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Hello fellow newcomers ! Same with me here , I have experience with another game engine and the I stop. And hen this game engine just slap my face saying " Hey , wanna make some game ?" So here I am ! Trying to make a game just like smash bros for fun, got any tips ? :v

1 Like

Welcome! I hope youā€™ll like GDevelop and make awesome stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

it is good to hear! :grin: :+1:

2 Likes

Hello there, best of luck with your GDevelop projects!

1 Like

Welcome to the GD community, I hope you enjoy creating games.

2 Likes

Tips? Hummmā€¦ I saw in your profile you are using Paint to make your sprites. You can find many another good and free softwares better then old paint. If you are using WINDOWS you can get Paint.Net. Is simple but have layers, more stuff and is easy. If you are using LINUX I recommend KRITA.

With my experience with TGF I think I can give one good tip for you: try to finish your games. Will be more fun later with 2 or 3 games finisheds then 9 or 10 unfinisheds. And will be better if you want to make a several analyze about aspects that you can improve in the next games. Unfinished games will not allow you to have a complete analysis.

Specifically about game like ā€œSmash Brosā€ I donā€™t know how to help you. First I need learn more about Gdevelopā€¦ but good luck with your project. :v:

2 Likes

Welcome to the gdevelop 5 Community.

2 Likes

Welcome to gdevelop :))

1 Like

Thanks man ! Good luck for you too

Welcome and good read of the GDEVELOP Wiki :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome to the community, make sure to join the Discord as well!

1 Like

Moin Moin :]
Have fun here.

1 Like

the website seems sketchy but okay :v

Hello! I am Pretorg, been making a game on Game Maker Studio 1.4 for some time now and decided to check Gdevelop for a future project that I have in mind, I have been only using it for a couple days but got some basic stuff working for that ā€œfuture projectā€ reasonably quick, really liking what Iā€™m seeing, although itā€™s going to take me some time to get used to how some things are done I hope that at some point I can get enough knowledge to help anyone who needs it and wellā€¦make games ofc :grinning:

1 Like

Hi, I am a new user here I love to read the different opinions of people on the same topic and share my experience.

Ok mate, i am just going to put my anti-virus right where i can see it when entering the site :v

Got it mate, best lucks to both of us !

1 Like