How i I create the object group that is needed by "Create an object from its name"?

Before proceeding, please use the forum search feature at the top of the page to check if your question has already been answered.

How do I…

My current end goal is to be able to play videos from that start, not from the point where they were paused last time they were played.

To be able to do that, I want to try to create the video objects when they are needed.

I’m trying the “Create an object from its name” action. The form asks for a “Group of potential objects”, but I haven’t figured out what to fill in there. The field is red, which I assume is an error marker.

My attempts to create a group is in the “Object Groups” form of the only scene of the application. I’ve made a Global Group called globalVideos, and a Scene Group called Videos. Neither seems to be visible or useful in the form for “Create an object from its name”

What is the expected result

I want to parameterise an action with the name or identity of the video to play. I want the video to start playing from the start of the video each time it’s made visible.

What is the actual result

Here is (part of) the form from “Create an object from its name” when I first try to fill it out:

and here is part of the action definition:

What I’m trying to do here, is create the video object, show it and play it.
From a different event, I want to hide it, and possibly destroy it.

Related screenshots

see above.

Project files (optional)

I can provide a small project later, if needed.

Are you sure you created a group here?

Oh, yes, it looks like this:

I’m not sure which group (global or scene) I should use. Both of them contain Video objects.

I’ve got a clue now.

I’m trying to create the video object from within the context of an extension. Maybe that’s why the object groups are not available. Is there a way around the problem?

A similar function in the same extension works fine, but there I pass the video object as a parameter from the main events page of the scene; no look-up from a name string. The only problem with that is that I can’t make the video play from start each time it’s shown to the user.

Here is the original code, which works:

Here is the attempt to create the video object and then play it:

Update:
I found out that I don’t have to call “Create an object from its name”. I can get my wanted behaviour (that videos play from start) by calling “Create an object” and “Delete an object”. This works fine in my extension.

I’m satisfied with that solution.

That was definitively the reason