Hello. A lot of people seem to get stuck with Yarn so I have made a detailed step-by-step beginner’s tutorial video that shows how to create a simple dialogue system from scratch. I cover the following topics:
- How to write dialogue in the Yarn editor
- Use a Yarn command to change a graphic, based on who is speaking
- Allow the player to choose responses during dialogue
- How to set up a custom graphical pointer for options lists
- A way of checking if the player has already spoken to an NPC so that new dialogue can be launched when they speak again
- All events explained, not just shown
- Follow the twists and turns of Trevor and Frodo’s friendship. There’s drama! There’s sadness! There are dinosaurs!
…and general GDevelop tips
I hope it helps someone.