import 3D models.

I would like to make an isometric game in GD but I find it difficult to make the art, because when you move in the isometric world, the objects around you have to show different sides in realtime as you move. For example, if something is on the right side of the screen, the left side of the object is visible, the right side is invisible. As you move closer, the object should show less from the left side and show more of the top and the right side, once you pass the object and the object is on the left side of the screen, it should show the right side and nothing from the left side. Well, I would like to design it this way, maybe not GD the right engine to use in this case, but oh well, worth a try.

So, it would be a lot easier if we could import 3D models in to GD, don’t have to support skeletal or vertex animation, only static 3D objects and it textures to import and use them similar to box objects. As I said, don’t have to support skeletal or vertex animations, but maybe we could use animations similar to sprite animations. Replace 3D objects every frame to play animation, we could choose object to show 1st frame, 2nd, 3rd. … and so on and also different animation sets…etc, exactly as it works with sprites but with 3D objects in this case.

1 Like