Kamikaze Gdevelop

Why Kamikaze?
When i programmed on a game for a few hours, Gdevelop asks for administrator access. Like a normal person who belives in trusty programs like Gdevelop, i clicked yes. It deleted itself, i didn’t know if it was the uninstaller or other errors.
It applies on every project. I tried uninstalling the uninstaller and it worked.

My Diagnostic
Gdevelop executes the Uninstaller program. Probably some kind of problem in some data files.

I hope that you’ll fix it.

1 Like

That is really bizarre, first time I’ve heard of such a bug.

4 Likes

Ive acutally found the same bug reported too. At this link: G-Develop Glitches?

1 Like

Do you remember if you were using more than one instance of the app at the time? Did it uninstall the app or update it, possibly to another location.

I wonder if it could have been an update. While it’s not supposed to update while you’re using it, I have had it happen when using 2 instances of Gdevelop. It happened to me when I closed the second instance. I believe Gdevelop only checked if the app was closing not whether it was the only instance.

For that reason, I turned off the automatic updates in the setting. The first step in updating is uninstalling the app. This can include deleting the entire app folder. That’s why it’s important not to store any files or folders inside the app folder.

I thought that I was the only person with this issue but there are more people

That explains why I haven’t encountered it, I usually custom install my programs into a dedicated folder and not in the default app

I have in fact, installed Gdevelop into the another location, because i had less space on my system disk so i’ve put them all in the other data disk. I’ve previously installed Gdevelop from the web, then the microsoft store but that quickly glitched and i couldn’t use it, the current is the installed one i use.
I didn’t tought of the automatic update, thanks for letting me know about it.
But i don’t use two instances of Gdevelop, one time i did, that was when i was searching some files or names of important sounds made from Jfxr.
I’m storing my projects in the data drive as i told earlier, but not the folder where i have Gdevelop. This is how:
obrázek_2024-08-09_051239697
Sorry for the language, i’m from Czech. The directory address tells
This Computer/ Data (D:)
And the “složka souboru” you see is a folder.

1 Like