My New Game (SMB Beta in GDevelop Version 1.0)

Hello Everybody! I posted a new game on itch.io! It is SMB Beta in GDevelop Version 1.0-Link:SMB Beta in GDevelop Version 1.0 by KEKY123
I hope you will have fun time playing it! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Excellent lil’ game so far! Noticed a few things but it’s just bits n’ bobs:

• When I fell down a pit the game just stuck (thought I’d respawn at the level start or something, although I noticed you can press R to do so it’d be cool to have the ol’ lives detract etc),
  • Mario’s jump adjustment could be tweaked just a wee bit more, the smaller jump could be just a tad shorter to make more precise jumps,
  • Camera control is good, but if the player goes back left they keep walking off-screen, not sure if this is intentional but I reckon Mario/Luigi should stop at the camera’s edge,
  • Screen’s a tad small without fullscreen, but that’s just personal preference to be fair haha, and
  • For aesthetics, when you press to play the ‘Mario Start’ screen almost instantly disappears, could be cool to make it stay for a second or two to show the level transition.

Looking good so far, keep up the good work!

P.S: Be a lil’ careful going forward using Mario, you’ve probably heard it all before but what with copyright and all that jazz it might be a lil’ wise to think of other names/sprites for down the line. Doing well though!

1 Like

I’ll see if I can fix the game a bit in an update. :slightly_smiling_face:

Honestly, not bad. The Parameters can be better adjusted, but for a basic Mario Fan Game, its not horrible. I would recommend on improving it more.

great job good luck with it.
snaptube vidmate