Non programmers be like

You been using GDevelop too long when you find yourself doing something like this

and it looks completely normal to you.

2 Likes

I don’t like long lines. I break them into variables if it’s too complex or I’ll press enter to control where the text wraps.

I started using Visual Basic for something(hobby not work). It seems so weird to use variables without Variables( ).

2 Likes

I KNEW you were going to say that! Hilariously I thought about making variables but I was like, nooo I’m almost through this thing! I can’t stop now!!

When it was all over I felt like the parentheses whisperer.

1 Like

I’m constantly counting parentheses and hoping I put the missing one in the right spot.

1 Like

I was totally eyeballing it and I’ve decided it’s much more art than science lol.

2 Likes

I don’t use functions nearly often enough. I find the system a bit too time consuming for simple stuff and the convert to function feature doesn’t seem that much quicker.

By functions you mean the ones you make like extension?

1 Like

Yes. Extensions with functions can make the code so much easier to read and set values. Nice and organized.

1 Like

I have not figured them out at all.

The setup can be a bit intimidating but other than a few expressions they use the same exact actions and conditions.

One of the only limitation that bothers me is they’re self-contained. Unless you use JavaScript, they can only use the objects that you setup as parameters.

But honestly, once you learn the setup and how to pass and return values. It’s not that different. For events that you use in several places, it saves a lot of copying/pasting and makes something with a lot of events easier to read.

You can create conditions, actions and expressions. Behaviors are tougher. I don’t fully understand them.

1 Like

this reminds me of roblox forum when i got accepted there.

1 Like

We are always up to shenanigans here.