Publishing to 403

So I’ve exported using the built in publish option in the program several times. However the last couple of days I’ve been trying to use the feature it’s either timed out, or is giving me a code 403. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if it’s something on my end?

The game exports just fine, and uploads just fine, but gets stalled on the “build and download” portion.

It’s still happening. Anyone have any suggestions? Is it something I need to wait out, or something I need to fix?

Which output were you publishing to? Web, mobile, desktop or instant? The web export has definitely been working as there were submissions to the examples gamejam the last couple of days.

Desktop windows auto-installer.

I think it’s your end - I’ve managed to publish a game just now.

any suggestions on what it might be? I was able to publish just a few days ago. But just suddently stopped working for me

Never done a windows export before so also gave it a go, doing the auto installer option. The estimate for build and download was 4 minutes and it was about that and then I downloaded it and played it successfully.

Before the GD devs get here, it would be helpful if you can tell them what you’ve done to troubleshoot, eg reinstall GDevelop, try publishing a different project, restarting your computer, restarting your internet connection etc. I realise you’re limited to two publishes a day, but the more you experiment, the more targeted the devs’ advice can be.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll try some of those tomorrow when I got another 2 exports I can try!

Ok, so I restarted by modem/router, made sure all my drivers were updated, I restart my computer every day, reinstalled Gdevelop, and it still didn’t work.

I started a new game, one of the pre-mades, changed a few things and was able to publish it. So it has to be something to do with my project. But since the last time I published it, all I have done is change a few variables that were conflicting before, and added a couple of new songs. I don’t imagine either of those would make the game un-exportable, but it’s just not working.

Hmmm, I don’t know but hope that the right people will read this thread. One more thing you could try is to make a copy of the game and see if you get the same error. If you do, then try taking out the songs and see what happens.

1 Like

The online build service isn’t part of the engine (just linked to it and provided by the GDevelop company, not in the engine code itself) so I have limited knowledge around it.

However, please note that there is a filesize limit with online export due and a timeout limit. The theoretical maximum project size it supports is around 200mb, but most people hit the upload/build timeout limit if their project files are over 100mb total.

If the songs you added make the project go past either of these sizes, this is the likely cause. The only solution would be to reduce your project size, or build your game locally following the tutorials on the wiki.

1 Like

Ah! I didn’t know there was a size limit. I guess I got pretty lucky the last so many builds, my project is 520mb. I’ll build it on my side.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

1 Like