Quick peek of my upcoming Android game

Update:
The game is now on Google Play.

Play it today!

Things to note:

• As I mentioned in my first post, GDevelop has a problem with continuous music which carries over to other Scenes when you build an APK file out of your exported HTML5 game using Intel XDK. I found a work-around for the problem, but it’s not the greatest alternative - as you’ll notice when you first enter the playable Scene, the music won’t start playing until it’s 1-to-2 seconds in. The engine is still loading the audio assets into the Scene while everything is already loaded, I think. Subsequent entrances to the Scene won’t have the problem anymore, however. I suppose this is the best alternative while the GDevelop team works on a solution to the music playing problem.
  • Because the game is built using Intel XDK, you’ll need a moderately powerful phone to play the game. Yeah, I’m kinda surprised, too. I thought my single-core smartphone with 1GB RAM from 2012 could run something like this easily, but I was very wrong. LOL
  • The player might jitter around while it tries to place itself at the proper coordinates of whatever platform it’s trying to get on. I’ll try to get that figured out in a future update. :slight_smile:

For the past month, I’ve been working on an Android game. The game is done, but I can’t publish it to Google Play because the APK that Intel XDK builds has problems stopping music when you run the game on your Android phone. Until Florian and his team fixes the music issues in GDevelop, I can’t publish the game (unless you don’t want any music, lol).

Anyways, here’s a gif I made of the game. The game’s called Cat Attack, by the way. Hahaha!

Hope you guys like what you see. I’d like to release the game as soon as possible.

Hehe, looks good, keep it up :slight_smile:

I believe that game is very addictive :smiley: Can’t wait to test it out!

Thanks, you guys!

Good news! The game is finally out and published on Google Play!

Check it out!

Now some caveats:

• As I mentioned in my first post, GDevelop has a problem with continuous music which carries over to other Scenes when you build an APK file out of your exported HTML5 game using Intel XDK. I found a work-around for the problem, but it’s not the greatest alternative - as you’ll notice when you first enter the playable Scene, the music won’t start playing until it’s 1-to-2 seconds in. The engine is still loading the audio assets into the Scene while everything is already loaded, I think. Subsequent entrances to the Scene won’t have the problem anymore, however. I suppose this is the best alternative while the GDevelop team works on a solution to the music playing problem.
  • Because the game is built using Intel XDK, you’ll need a moderately powerful phone to play the game. Yeah, I’m kinda surprised, too. I thought my single-core smartphone with 1GB RAM from 2012 could run something like this easily, but I was very wrong. LOL
  • The player might jitter around while it tries to place itself at the proper coordinates of whatever platform it’s trying to get on. I’ll try to get that figured out in a future update. :slight_smile:

I hope you guys enjoy the game, and please leave any comments if you have any! :smiley:

Hi!
I tested and rated it. Game plays pretty good, I didn’t encounter any huge problems while playing.
Tutorial is good, not too long and you can skip it which is good.
First when I saw the game I thought damn that can be addictive, but when I tested it I have to say it is way too difficult at start! I really would enjoy the game more if I could begin very easy (like first 5 levels should be kind of “tutorial levels” where you can get used to gameplay) and then game gets harder.
Though, I don’t know did it feel so difficult because of too fast bullets or that you have to tap the correct place too accurately (I made lot of misses):

(Red boxes is somewhere round you have to tap to make the cat move and you can see empty space above those boxes where you can’t tap)

But overall good simple game! Nice work! I’ll keep playing it and try to beat level 1 :smiley:

Thanks for trying out and rating the game, Jubeliuksen3!

I’ve had a couple of people tell me the same thing about the difficulty as well. Most of them mentioned that the bullets may be flying too fast, is this also the same for you? If so, I’ll recalibrate their speed at lower difficulty levels.

For the places you’ve marked with red on your screenshot - yes, those are the spots you’re supposed to touch to move the cat. However, I think I’ll just extend the spot to also include the platforms themselves, seeing how the other people I’ve talked to mentioned that they instinctively touched them yet the cat didn’t move.

Glad that you liked the game though. I’ll keep working on it until I reach a version where everything about it is A-OK!

Yes as I said:
" I don’t know did it feel so difficult because of too fast bullets or that you have to tap the correct place too accurately (I made lot of misses)"

Yeah, I’ll test it again then! :slight_smile:

Cool. Thanks for confirming! :slight_smile:

This is so cute! I’m loving the spritework so far, very sharp and easy to make out. :smiley: