Scene transition glitching

Hello,

I just made the scene transition and it is transitioning from the overworld to the room properly but to when i am trying to return to the previous scene (Overworld) it glitches and keeps pushing me back few time and the changes the scene.

Before people can assist, you will need to show your actual events in full for the scene transitions. Actions by themselves don’t really give enough context for people to help.

I have uploaded a new image

Why have you got the "Stop the scene and go back to the previous paused one"twice? Set both variables, and make the scene change once.

I am still getting the same glitch oh and one more thing it is only happening from the
"Stop the scene and go back to the previous paused one" side

You’re going back to a paused scene that has you directly ontop of the object that makes you transition to the next scene.

It’ll cause an infinite loop.

You will need to use some kind of toggle variable that only allows the transition to trigger once until you’re not in collision with the item at least once.

You’re going back to a paused scene that has you directly ontop of the object that makes you transition to the next scene.

I have set global variables so that when it changes the scene it will spawn the player far from the object that will activate the transition (At least that is how it supposed to work)

You will need to use some kind of toggle variable that only allows the transition to trigger once until you’re not in collision with the item at least once.

You mean boolean variable?

No, you’ve set variables that aren’t used again when returning to a paused scene. “At the beginning of the scene” events only occur at the beginning of the scene. Returning to a paused scene isn’t returning to the beginning of a scene. It’s returning to a scene that is already paused. You could maybe just tweak that to use an “OR” condition and put “Scene has resumed” as the other condition in there.

Sure, you could. Or a variable that goes from 1 to 0, or anything that is used as a variable to toggle a state. Refer to the wiki for more examples of toggling a state with variables.

i tried but still the same result

Can you screen shot your events as they are now?

Here
I just don’t know what to do in the last action

That scene resumed event should be in the initial scene.

So the scenes should look like:

• Scene1 has the event “Pause scene and start Scene2”. It also has the “Scene resumed” event, because Scene1 gets paused.

• Scene2 has the event “Stop this scene and return to previous paused scene”. It doesn’t have a resume because it never gets paused.