(Solved) How can i make a metroidvania scrolling system?

I dont know much about the scrolling system, but, what área the steps to make that?
I want make a Mega Man like game so i need the mechanics of the scrolling.

I think what you’re looking for is parallax scrolling. Check this link of GDevelop example starters, and search for parallax

Nope, i need the scrolling system.
I’m to bad in english but i can shows you a example.

In this template, Mega Man can move in rooms
The camera follow him like Metroid or Castlevania.
That Is the mechanic i Wanna implement.

Ah, so it looks like the camera follows the player (with limits/boundaries) on the horizontal, and shifts a complete screen height when the centre of the player is at the top or bottom of the screen.

Yep, that Is what i need.

So, that’s pretty much describes the guts of the system. Now it’s up to you to code it. :slight_smile:

but…
how can i do that?
Some documentation?
Something?
Examples, templates?

Have you searched at all for it? You’ll have to work out what you want to do, and then search or figure out how to do it. There wont’always be a template or a purpose built solution. You should understand what you are coding, otherwise you’ll be coding blind and making it all very hard for yourself.

As for how to code it, I pretty much told you what had to be done to code it:

This translates to an event action using “Center the camera on an object within limits” to follow the player within the left and right margins that you set.

Use a condition like player.PointY(“Center”) < cameraY() + SceneWindowHeight()/2
with the action like Camera y -= SceneWindowHeight()

And an event along those lines for when the player goes off the bottom of the screen (remember Y values increase downwards).

If you want examples of how to do things in GDevelop, check the link I gave you earlier in this thread.

well…
yep, you are right. no always theres gonna be some example.
i’ll search for some documentation about de camera and the scrolling.
thanks for the information.

Check the platformer tutorial (Part 2, Step 3):
http://wiki.compilgames.net/doku.php/gdevelop5/tutorials/platformer/part-2