(SOLVED) Missing "Modify Text" and other action options

Hi,
I am trying to create a visual novel dialogue system. Right now I am in the basics where the NPC says “Line1” and upon key released again “Line2”, key released “Line3”.

I am following some tutorials but the guy gets these options (Modify Text) when he clicks “Add Action”, while I don’t seem to find “Modify Text” when I click “Add Action”.

Everyone seems to have the event option “modify text”, but i cant find it:

edit: the video tutorials i am following, he has a variety of options:

EDIT2: VENOM advised me to " To have the events editor like the guy’s tutorial you are following it’s simple! Just open GDevelop and click from the top menu File > Preferences and after click on the toggle “Use the new action/condition editor”."

That option is ON and i still can’t find the “Modify Text” option
Am I missing something? Thanks

EDIT: I turned the toggle OFF instead of ON and it worked! Thank you everyone for your time and help! :smiley:

To have the events editor like the guy’s tutorial you are following it’s simple! Just open GDevelop and click from the top menu File > Preferences and after click on the toggle “Use the new action/condition editor”.

1 Like
1 Like

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I edited my initial post to show that i have that option ON and I still can’t find the “Modify Text” option

EDIT: I turned the toggle OFF instead of ON and it worked! Thank you everyone for your time and help! :smiley:

1 Like