[Solved] Saving and Loading Text Input

Hello everyone,

I’ve encountered an issue with saving and loading text inputs. I want the manually entered text input to be saved when it’s changed and then loaded when the game is replayed. I tried a lot of approaches but in vain.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any insights on what might be causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Local-Saving App-Text

Check the last two actions, they must be set to the variable, not empty input field.

1 Like

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your response. I have tried setting the last two actions to both VariableString(SpeedCoefficientInput) and GlobalVariableString(SpeedCoefficientInput), but neither of these attempts worked.

Hi @GameOn

Loading from storage stores the value in a “scene” variable.

Try changing the Loading actions like below:

• Load string from storage and store in “SpeedCoefficientInput”
  • Change the Global variable “SpeedCoefficient” set to: ToNumber(VariableString(SpeedCoefficientInput))
  • Change the text of Input to: VariableString(SpeedCoefficientInput)
1 Like

Hi @insein,

Thanks for your suggestion.I tried your suggested changes, but the issue persists.

The problem is you load it as text and insert it as a number to the inpud field.
Replace ToString(Variable(SpeedCoefficientInput)) with
VariableString(SpeedCoefficientInput)
in the last action or load it as a value.

1 Like

I tried both solutions you suggested, but the issue persists.

I’m going to sleep now but this works for me.

It can also help to understand what happens when input, text, variable and storage do not have the same name.

1 Like

I tried using the condition left mouse button was released and it worked! Thank you so much for your help.