[Solved] Shape Painter Colour

I’m having problems with the shape painter as the colour doesn’t come out as intended. Like I have a slider for R G B and when I enable 2 colours the colour comes out fine but when I change the value of a 3rd colour it becomes the inverse of the colour(255-value) and I’m not sure how to fix it.
When I’m drawing the colour is fine but when I release the mouse to create the ink it changes colour like in the image

:wave: Hi and welcome here :slight_smile:
Hard to help when I don’t know what you’re trying to show us in your screenshot.
Perhaps the color value somehow exceeds the maximum, and that causes your issue. :person_shrugging:

ezgif.com-gif-maker
Hi sorry hopefully this would help understand my issue better? Like when I add a 3rd colour value the colour for some reason does not appear correctly

Hi Mooncell, I can’t offer any solutions but in your gif after mouse release the third line changes to black which is the colour of the first line. Is this a pattern? Does the third colour always change to the first colour? What happens if you do a fourth, fifth etc colour?

Hi, from my testing as long as there is all 3 colour present it would cause that issue. It doesnt have to be black but 255- the value of the slider. It’s hard to figure out because it only happens if there’s the mixture of the 3 colours
As you can see in the video I use the eyedropper to check for the value of the line. Which shows that it takes 255- the value of the slider(the value is in the top text)

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)

Maybe it’s just me but I find this second video confusing and can’t tell what’s going on. I think this is what’s happening: You draw a yellow line and it changes to dark green. You then draw a purple line and it changes to light green. That’s only two lines and the problem is happening with both of them. There is no third line.

If you do any more videos can you do this: First line, draw the number 1. Second line, draw the number 2. Third line, draw the number 3.

Sometimes when I have unexplained colour weirdness it turns out I’ve got some kind of colour effect on an object that I’d forgotten about.

2 Likes

Oh I feel silly now haha, thank you for mentioning colour effect on an object. That was causing the issue and now it’s fixed. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Haha, live and learn.
Mooncell, I’ve moved this post from Bug reports to the How do I section.