Unable to start game

Has anybody experienced that you are not able to start games created in GD? I was just informed that someone had tried to run one of mine, and he said that nothing happens when he start it, even if the .exe-file is running in the task manager (actually several instances of it). He was able to install it with no problems.

I thought it could have something to do with the resolution, as the game is started in fullscreen with a certain resolution (wich can be changed ingame), but he has the same resolution as me, so I don’t think that’s the issue.

Using a too high resolution can indeed be a problem on some computers that cannot display this resolution.
Maybe you can ask the player to launch a command prompt ( cmd.exe ), then go to the game directory ( by typing “cd thegamedirectory” ) and finally launching the game like this : thegameexecutable.exe > log.txt.
When the game will run, a log.txt file will be created with several information in it. You can then paste its content here.

If you compiled the game in a single executable file, maybe you should try to compile it to a folder, and disable fullscreen mode for testing purpose.