3D features thingy gone?

I never used gdevelop4 where we could make 3d games. And i wanted to make 3d games but cant :confused:
Why was it removed?
How can i make 3d games
I cant used iclone7(too big for wifi to download) even a 30mb file will fail to download lol.

If you are looking to make a 3D game so Gdevelop is not the proper game engine for you. There are others game engines to make 3D games (in my opinion, if you want the freely capability to create like on Gdevelop but 3D for free, maybe you have to lean some programing language).

GD4 was never designed to make 3D games. It allowed for 3D boxes to be placed to do a slight 2.5D perspective as they scrolled by.

1 Like

thats what i needed(i saw on the trello that the 3d boxes comin’ but will not be 3d game engine.

Just to make sure expectations are clear: When something is on the trello board, that just means it is a potential feature. It’s not necessarily coming soon, or ever. It’s there to indicate that it’s at least been reviewed as a valid feature request that is technically possible.

The main developer or a contributor would need to actually build the feature. Everything I’ve seen indicates they are all focused on making it a better 2D engine, not any 3D focus.

1 Like

welp, looks like i’ll just have to make 3d models and import as sprite.

I guess i’ll have to use untiy or unreal engine.
Unity - Takes 16 hours to install and will get disturb by a family member raging
Unreal Engine - Wifi too slow to install it
[Gonna have to find ways to install one of them and i dont know how to code]

:confused:

welp, looks like i’ll just have to make 3d models and import as sprite.

I guess i’ll have to use untiy or unreal engine.
Unity - Takes 16 hours to install and will get disturb by a family member raging
Unreal Engine - Wifi too slow to install it
[Gonna have to find ways to install one of them and i dont know how to code]

:confused:

As far, as I’m aware, godot is much more lightweight then ue or unity , but harder to handle, due to less resources.
I personally enjoyed panda3d / ursina a lot. The only 3d engine, that runs on this dinosaur of a pc.
It’s a very powerful engine, I could run a decently sized level with 150 frames/sec. You have to get used to python code, if you want to try it.

If you want to do 3D but don’t want to learn code, check out CopperCube. It is free and has it’s own visual scripting system (similar to Google Blockly).

2 Likes

I have it but when i try to run it i dont have the updated graphics card so deleted it and imma try use CopperCube, no need of iClone7

Alright, i’ll check it out

Same. Godot didn’t run on my pc. If coppercube doesn’t run ether, you can try panda3d. It runs on my 12 years old pc with an on board graphic chip, so it should run on pretty much any pc