Dialogue tree parse

If you’re using JavaScript, verify your code. Otherwise, this might be an issue with GDevelop - consider reporting a bug. Full error is: Parse error on line 4: Unexpected ‘Identifier’

Error: Parse error on line 4: Unexpected ‘Identifier’
at Parser.parseError (eval at createParser (file:///C:/Users/unloc/AppData/Local/Temp/GDTMP–1/preview/Extensions/DialogueTree/bondage.js/dist/bondage.min.js:4:28753), :149:63)
at Parser.parse (eval at createParser (file:///C:/Users/unloc/AppData/Local/Temp/GDTMP–1/preview/Extensions/DialogueTree/bondage.js/dist/bondage.min.js:4:28753), :150:1356)
at e. (file:///C:/Users/unloc/AppData/Local/Temp/GDTMP–1/preview/Extensions/DialogueTree/bondage.js/dist/bondage.min.js:3:26946)
at r (file:///C:/Users/unloc/AppData/Local/Temp/GDTMP–1/preview/Extensions/DialogueTree/bondage.js/dist/bondage.min.js:3:18861)
at Generator._invoke (file:///C:/Users/unloc/AppData/Local/Temp/GDTMP–1/preview/Extensions/DialogueTree/bondage.js/dist/bondage.min.js:3:19981)
at Generator.e. [as next] (file:///C:/Users/unloc/AppData/Local/Temp/GDTMP–1/preview/Extensions/DialogueTree/bondage.js/dist/bondage.min.js:3:19040)
at Object.e.dialogueTree.startFrom (file:///C:/Users/unloc/AppData/Local/Temp/GDTMP–1/preview/Extensions/DialogueTree/dialoguetools.js:2:2488)
at Object.gdjs.Untitled_32sceneCode.eventsList12 (file:///C:/Users/unloc/AppData/Local/Temp/GDTMP–1/preview/code0.js:1444:21)
at Object.gdjs.Untitled_32sceneCode.eventsList13 (file:///C:/Users/unloc/AppData/Local/Temp/GDTMP–1/preview/code0.js:1620:121)
at c.gdjs.Untitled_32sceneCode.func [as _eventsFunction] (file:///C:/Users/unloc/AppData/Local/Temp/GDTMP–1/preview/code0.js:1786:27)

I ran into this error too, and I was able to solve it by getting rid of the spaces for my options area.

A is the correct formatting, the text in green shouldn’t have any spaces. :blush:

Let me know if that works on your end.

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve just run into this issue as well, this is my forum linked below, however, after following your steps, I’m still encountering this glitch. Just want to know what I may be missing?
G-Develop Glitches

1 Like

Hi Emma!
Sorry for the late reply.
Try switching to “<< Flatboy >>” (Adding a space before Flatboy)

Can I see your Decision Area too?
By Decision Area I mean this

Hi,

No worries about the late reply! Thankfully I received some help for this issue and was able to fix it, thank you for your help and time anyway!!

1 Like