Error in Preview mode on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LST, HELP!

Hello, I tryning preview a game in Native Ubuntu (Linux) mode.
The log file message:

execvp(g++, -std=gnu++11, -fPIC, -o, /tmp/GDTemporaries/GD0x2cfdc60ObjectFile.o, -include, /opt/gdevelop/CppPlatform/include/GDCpp/GDCpp/EventsPrecompiledHeader.h, -c, /tmp/GDTemporaries/GD0x2cfdc60EventsSource.cpp, -I/opt/gdevelop/CppPlatform/include/linux/usr/include/i686-linux-gnu/, -I/opt/gdevelop/CppPlatform/include/linux/usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.7/include, -I/opt/gdevelop/CppPlatform/include/linux/usr/include, -I/opt/gdevelop/CppPlatform/include/linux/usr/include/c++/4.7/, -I/opt/gdevelop/CppPlatform/include/linux/usr/include/c++/4.7/i686-linux-gnu, -I/opt/gdevelop/CppPlatform/include/linux/usr/include/c++/4.7/backward, -I/opt/gdevelop/CppPlatform/include/GDCpp, -I/opt/gdevelop/CppPlatform/include/Core, -I/opt/gdevelop/CppPlatform/include/SFML/include, -I/opt/gdevelop/CppPlatform/include/wxwidgets/include, -I/opt/gdevelop/CppPlatform/include/wxwidgets/lib/gcc_dll/msw, -I/opt/gdevelop/CppPlatform/Extensions/include, -DGD_IDE_ONLY, -DGD_CORE_API=, -DGD_API=, -DGD_EXTENSION_API=, -DRELEASE, -DNDEBUG, -DBOOST_DISABLE_ASSERTS) failed with error 2!

:exclamation: Program message:

Compilation of events failed, and scene cannot be previewed. Please report this problem to GDevelop’s developer, joining this file:
/tmp/GDTemporaries/LatestCompilationOutput.txt

Whats is wrong?! Help! :frowning:

Console status:

SLOVED!

It defaults to GCC v4.8.4 in Ubuntu 14.04. And just as important, it only includes the ‘C’ compiler, not the ‘C++’ compiler:

Open the console and Try:

which g++ gcc

/usr/bin/gcc

gcc --version

gcc (Ubuntu 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04) 4.8.4
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Now, you install G++ compiler!
Try:

sudo apt-get install build-essential
which g++ gcc

/usr/bin/g++
/usr/bin/gcc

g++ --version

g++ (Ubuntu 4.8.4-2ubuntu1~14.04) 4.8.4
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This solved my problem. But yet you failed to urge the G ++ compiler or the GCC , try:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
sudo apt-get update

Now take a look to see if we can find the GCC packages:

sudo apt-cache search "g\+\+"

g+±4.6-multilib - GNU C++ compiler (multilib files)
g+±4.7 - GNU C++ compiler

Install the GCC v4.7 C/C++ compilers with the following command:

sudo apt-get install gcc-4.7 g++-4.7

It should work with g++ installed with build-essential (the dependency was added to the package for the next version), why do you need to do the second part of your explanation ?

In other distributions, especially if you use virtual machine with Linux, can occur not upgrade some features with the build-essential. It would be a second functional option for situations like that ^^ … I have the system on the machine and various distributions VM.I put here the two forms to help people and explained just another form.