Hi Fellow Gdevelopers,
I exported my game using the export to Android via Gdevelop option and it works great when I use Firefox or Chrome to download it in Windows 10; however, when I do this in OSX Mojave using Firefox or Chrome, I get the error in Android phone “App not installed.”
I’m guessing the issue lies with OSX Mojave stripping or causing some issue with downloading an APK file. Maybe changing .apk to .zip before downloading will help?
Any mac users experience this?
Your time and efforts are much appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Are you using the latest version of GDevelop?
Compare the files you download on PC and mac, to see at which point it gets corrupted.
Both versions of GDevelop on my Mac and Windows are set to automatically update and are on the latest version.
It was just something I thought I was doing wrong when I was exporting in my Mac and then noticed when I switched over to Windows, the exported game installed fine.
It’s not a big deal to me because I can work in Windows too.
Thank you very much for your assistance. It’s greatly appreciated.
Could you build one of the GDevelop example projects on your mac and windows, and if the mac build is corrupted, share both apk files with us?
Sure. I’ll export the mac version when I get home in 12 hours from the time I posted this reply.
Sorry, my workplace is all Windows.
To confirm, I used the “Matching Game” template and expanded this game into being my own, so I export the OEM one.
Also, the following is what I tested:
In Mac OS Mojave
Exported to Mac and Windows installer and
They both work.
Exported to Android using the upload to
Gdevelop method and “Error not installed”
Occurs in 2 different Android phones.
In Windows 10
Exporting and installing into Mac, Windows,
Or Android all work.
Will send the 2 installers exported from my Mac when I get home.
Thank you very much for your time and efforts. They’re greatly appreciated.
I exported the Matching Game template from Gdevelop without making any mods on my Mac and it installed in my Android.
Not sure why the same Matching Game with me making lots of mods caused this Mac issue.
User error then.
A screenshot from the OEM game.
A screenshot of the same game modified.
Hem, hard to say…
Check out the Resources tab, make sure everything is valid there.
Run a preview and open the console (ctrl+shift+i) to look for errors.
Or maybe something related to the fact that you’re moving your project from Win to Mac…
You could try creating the Pairs example on Win and move it to Mac to build it…or however you proceeded with your own project.
Cool graphics, btw
Thank you very much Gruk. You’re right. I’m sure it’s not good practice to use a project file in Windows and Mac and to interchange them.
Thank you very much. My wife suggested to launch a test to get feedback, so the game will publish soon. It was made for our kids.
Hi, I had a similar problem and it turned out to be an old version, after updating everything was successful. There were also times when this really happened, there was a corrupted file and the laptop could not accept it, as the mac is very sensitive to such things.
Thank you very much. I think my app auto updated that time and it resolved this issue too. I was just stuck in tunnel vision.