[Fixed] Cannot use Quit the game action after update beta 91

I update Gdevelop to beta-91 while I continue working on my project
I find that something wrong,
“fullscreen mode” action using “beginning of scene” Condition Not working
and “Quit the game” function not working at all

Please help me, if I miss anything in this new update

Some automatic functions, sounds, fullscreen mode can sometimes be disabled by default until a user action (like a touch) is performed. This is a browser limitation and not GDevelop.

Quit the game does not appear to work in preview mode (not sure if it can by default), but when I exported a test project to android and windows .exe, the function worked as expected.

For fullscreen, I would suggest you allow for some user interaction before executing it and see if that helps.

thank you for your reply

but i can do both before update for few hours ago,in last version i just use “key press” to trigger “quit the game” by the way.

do you have any suggestion of what user interact i can use to make fullscreen at the beginning,
because it’s looks abit bad in mobile when user needs to make an interaction before open full screen function.
i wonder if i can use motion sensor or not for this case.

For the game preview I can confirm both, from version 89 to 90.
So jep it shouldn’t be the problem what @convictedweirdo meant.
Fun fact… since beta 90, user interaction are no longer necessary for play music as it always was.

I have another little b90 question, what exactly does “-Allow to change the animation speed/frequency of effects” mean?

Quit the game is fixed for the next update.
Same for “fullscreen mode” action using “beginning of scene” .

For technical detail, this is a side effect of migration to electron v8.
Fixed by 4ian, 5hours ago, and tested by me now.

You have seen other changement ? You said Sound actions work differently ?

I have another little b90 question, what exactly does “-Allow to change the animation speed/frequency of effects” mean?

The layers can have effects, before these effect use a checkbox for enable/disable the animation on the effect, now you can use a number between 0-1 (or 2 for x2) for change the speed.

1 Like

Fixed in b92, download the new version on the official website.