[Fixed] Tiled Sprites have blurry edges?

Hi everyone, hoping someone can help me here.

So I’m making a pixel art game and I have the whole thing as Nearest Neighbour for a crisp pixel look, and everything looks perfect and sharp, except for one thing: tiled sprites.

I’ve tried so many different things, I know it has nothing to do with the image as I’ve tried with multiple sprites, and in the properties smoothing is turned OFF. It’s literally only when a it is a tiled sprite.

I have attached an example of a basic sky and a ground tile, on the left is tiled, and on the right is a normal sprite. You see the outline is blurry, and for the ground tile it has a weird outline on the border.

I’ve temporarily worked around it for now by just putting them as regular sprites next to each other but this is quite a headache when building levels, and I really need the tiled function to work when it comes to doing a scrolling background.

I’m using a Mac, don’t know if that’s relevant. Also I seem to be up to date, but no one else out there seems to be having the same issues?

tiled_sprite

Is this only happening with square sprites?

Have you tried testing with different margins? It might take a while to find the best settings, but that worked for me; hope it does for you too! :wink:

No it happens no matter the size/shape :frowning: The clouds are part of a tiled background which is rectangular. But the ground tiles are 32x32 pixels

Hey sorry what do you mean by that?

If your object is a Panel Sprite (“9-patch”), then your Edit Object -window should look like this and I mean these:

If you can set up an example project with a couple of sprites showing the problem, I’ll forward it to the devs, it will help fixing the bug. :blush:

Ah I see! It’s not a panel sprite it’s just a tiled sprite.

Could it then be that your image size doesn´t match the size of your tiled sprite? I find it difficult to have images of the right size for chosen pixels and GD doesn’t seem to be that good on scaling…