GDevelop for Mac OS X

OS Version: 10.10.4 Yosemite

There seems to be a bug in the sprite object. When I create the sprite object, I add an image to the sprite from the image bank there is a large X image giving me an error saying invalid image. The image file extension is .png and don’t think I’m doing something wrong. A link to an image of the problem below.

Image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3dn31uyJG4WNFJvRndoZnZJVzA/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for this feedback. :laughing: Apart from this, can you use the software properly?

I’ll try to fix this, but seems that there is a bug in the underlying graphical toolkit used by GDevelop, so drag’n’drop is tricky to achieve. I’ll try to find a work around. :slight_smile:

I have not come across any other software bugs and the program runs fine. It is very usable.

Starts then stops for me. :frowning:

From the command line:

GDevelop IDE Launcher
Changing working directory to /Applications/GDevelop.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Resources
Starting GDIDE…
dyld: Symbol not found: OBJC_CLASS$_NSURLRequest
Referenced from: /Applications/GDevelop.app/Contents/Resources/./libwx_osx_cocoau_core-3.0.0.2.0.dylib
Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/Versions/A/CFNetwork
in /Applications/GDevelop.app/Contents/Resources/./libwx_osx_cocoau_core-3.0.0.2.0.dylib
GDIDE ended with code 5.

What version of OS X are you using? This problem might because you don’t have OS X 10.10.4 Yosemite.

Yay! Thank you so much for releasing the beta!

I’m running it on OS 10.10.4, and so far it seems relatively stable. I was able to reproduce the bug rd124p77 reported earlier, but I haven’t run across anything else major as yet.

–Chris

Yosemite? Maybe that’s the difference. I’m running Mavericks, 10.9.5. Any chance i can get a working version? Or, am i able to compile it myself?

You can get a free upgrade to Yosemite from the Apple App Store. But make sure you have the correct system requirements for the upgrade.

I recommend to upgrade to Yosemite - unfortunately I’ve not enough time to make advanced tests and fixes for previous OS X versions as I already must make sure everything is working properly on Windows and Ubuntu :slight_smile:

Ok so looks like it’s quite stable on Yosemite at least :slight_smile:

Sadly I do not know C++ well enough to do this myself. I was thinking with Platform Character Automatism and 4-Way/8-Way movement you could make a custom controls option. Instead of doing it through events. I really think this would help beginners have more control over their game’s controls.

I really dislike how Yosemite looks, so, i’m not upgrading this 2011 mac mini, even if that means no GDevelop. :frowning:

Is there any way to compile it myself? Or, does code need to change as well?

I think you’ll quickly get used to the “flat” look of Yosemite, after a few days or even a few hours :slight_smile:
Anyway if you want to try to compile from source, get Homebrew for Mac: brew.sh/
Be sure to have XCode and command line tools installed and follow these instructions: 4ian.github.io/GD-Documentation/ … tools.html

Make sure you now how to use a terminal before doing it :slight_smile: Also no guarantee that it will work at all!

Things seem to be working well, I just downloaded a few days ago and am running newest Yosemite - there are just a few bugs here and there. One of them is that in the Scene window, I can zoom in and out but I can’t scroll left or right so see anything else. If I put by cursor on the right scroll bar and use my trackpad to go up and down, it works. If I put my trackpad on the bottom scroll bar it just goes up and down as well, not side to side…?

Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but it seems like a little bug? Most other things are working well so far, thanks!

Cool :slight_smile: Indeed scrollbars seems to be buggy.
To move in the scene editor, you can keep pressing Alt to move horizontally or Command to zoom while scrolling. :slight_smile:

Oh great the the Alt and zooming worked great, thanks so much. The other weird thing I can’t figure out is that sometimes the objects just keep cloning themselves over and over again, sometimes when I grab them and try and move an object it just duplicates and if I open up instances, I can see sometimes that it’ll just be duplicating in the background and I’ll have many instances of an object over and over on top of each other…?

Is the beta up?

See this message with a link to the beta : Besoin d'une équipe pour votre projet de jeu?

Yep, when you press Cmd + move an object on the scene editor, the object is duplicated. Somehow sometime the scene editor is stuck and thinks that Cmd is still pressed…

I’ve fixed the scrollbars problem for next version :slight_smile:

In the final version, we can export native game on GDevelop Mac ?

They would be perhaps not bad to propose a topic devoted to GDevelop for Mac OS X in the French forum in addition this forum. I do not understand logic to privilege a community more than another. :imp: