I’m another user of GDevelop and this forum and I’m very interested in the development of this great piece of software.
Also I have an account in http://gamejolt.com (as other users of this forums has) and I was recently reading about its videogame jam creation tool (http://jams.gamejolt.com), that basically is a feature of that page that allows any user to create its own game jam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_jam) with any desired theme or time span.
So, I was thinking it shoud be convenient to create a game jam in that site, that only allows games created with GDevelop (that would attract some beneficial attention over the software and the forum).
BUT! The game jam creation tool of gamejolt is indiscriminately used by lots of user that creates silly, poor designed or unattended game jams almost out of habit. So, my proposal and recommendations to doing right are:
- First, organize the game jam inside this forum, to promote the showcase of games created with GD
- Focus on small to mid size, functional games to show the capabilities of GD (NOT endless-developing projects, please)
- Gamejolt allows to add differents distributions for differents operating systems (for your published games). So if your game can be exported to different native platforms (we can help us each other) and to HTML5 (that can be played directly from gamejolt) it would be great
- Allow already created games and new ones
- The game jam page provided by gamejolt is highly customizable, so I recommend to use GDevelop official logos and colors
- Set a high time span for this jam
- Once properly organized here in this forums, make lots of promotion in the gamejolt forum and another forums (such as gamedev).
- Assemble a minimum of people (and a minimum of functional games) interested in this proposal before starts
If you have a game idea that can be easily made, do it!
If you have already complete a game in GD, put it in this jam!
If you can improve an old game of yours, this is the moment!
I offer myself to design, develop and maintain the game jam page but I’ll not do until see some interest of the forum community.
Some things need to be discussed are:
- Time span of the game jam
- Minimum participating users
- Minimun participating games
Please, any interested users SHOW YOURSELVES! in this thread
Of course , I would be very happy to have the official consent of 4ian and Victor