GDevelop Linux

Excellent victor, this is really great! :smiley:
On my side, I’ve almost managed to have a working PPA for Ubuntu, GD can be built succesfully by Launchpad buildbot workers, just the installation that is still not totally working (some files are not copied inside the final .deb file).

Can we continue the conversation about the new build process here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5972&p=47355#p47355 :slight_smile:

Hay, just tested the openSUSE build (from Live CD), and I get this error when I start it:

[code]ICCP: cHRM cunk does not match sRGB:

06:12:01 PM: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
06:12:01 PM: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB
06:12:02 PM: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
06:12:02 PM: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB
[/code]

And when I open an example, i get this:

[code]iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

06:17:44 PM: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
06:17:44 PM: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB
06:17:44 PM: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB
[/code]

Otherwise, the UI, preview and compilation to executable works fine :slight_smile:

Thanks for testing. :smiley:
The problem is related to wxWidgets (who doesn’t like some picture with an invalid color profile).

If someone still has Fedora 20 (not 21), a rpm is now available for testing. :slight_smile:

Just found an other problem with the openSUSE build. I have installed openSUSE this time so it not a Live CD. After you open a project, open a scene, open events, and click on add an action or condition, then close the window using “cancel”, for some reason it makes GD wont close after. To quit GD, need to go to processes and kill it. Everything works, GD is not crashed or anything, but wont quit. I guess something is running in the background and GD is waiting for it, but just a guess.

I don’t think this is related to the packaging.
It may be GDevelop waiting the end of a build task but it usually shows a message in that case.
To continue the discussion, it’s here now : Improved build: Try to compile GD on your own computer!

GDevelop is now available on Fedora 23.
Instructions : software.opensuse.org/download.h … e=gdevelop
For people that updated from Fedora 22, you first need to remove the repository from the repository list.

cd /etc/yum.repos.d sudo rm home\:victorlevasseur.repo

following the instructions got this error:

ppa.launchpad.net/florian-rival/ … 4/Packages 404 Not Found

it is trying to get wily/main and the ppa is set trusty/main, I change the version in software sources from wily to trusty, so, I make the apt-get update and apt-get install gdevelop , this error shows up:

It failed to install some packages. This may mean that
He requested an impossible situation or if you are using distribution
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or
They have been removed from “Incoming”.
The following information may help resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
gdevelop: Depends: libwxbase3.0-0 (> = 3.0.0) but it is not installable
Depends: libwxgtk3.0-0 (> = 3.0.0) but it is not installable
E: We were unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I think gdevelop is great and I would like to use it in my machine (Ubuntu 15.10 64bits)

You need to use wily/main repo. Otherwise it won’t get libs it need.

yes, I know that it needs the wily/main repo, that’s the first error message I report early (ppa.launchpad.net/florian-rival/ … 4/Packages 404 Not Found) that repo is NOT FOUND, so, when even if I try install gdevelop (sudo apt-get install gdevelop) an error shows up: the package in not found.

I even try in a virtual machine clean install ubuntu 14.10 the same errors appears, please check on this problem before answer in only one line and please give a more explanatory answer or at least a working ppa. Thanks.

GDevelop is only available for 64 bits Linux OSes.

Hi All,
I’ve succeeded install Gdevelop on Ubuntu 15.10 64 bit.
It looks great for the beginner like me…
When I tried to develop Native game… It Works !!..

but when I tried to develop HTML 5 game, I cannot preview… It says Error 404: Not Found
File not found. When I “export to web” … it’s working…

Is there something I missed ?

Hi Gdevelopers! I used Gdevelop during last years in ubuntu and work so fine. I had installed from the official PPA (launchpad.net/~florian-rival/+a … u/gdevelop). Recently I updated my system to Ubuntu 16.04 but cannot install Gdevelop. Is any plan to add Ubuntu 16.04 support to official PPA?

I’ll release the new version soon and add the 16.04 version to the PPA :slight_smile:

already updated! thanks! :smiley:

Just wondering have you thought about releasing GD in a Snap package instead? I don’t know how big the download size would be though, but a Snap can be installed virtually on any distro supporting the package.
As of now it seems like all major distros going to support it :slight_smile:

There is also flatpak, which is designed by the Freedesktop committee : flatpak.org/ (packages can be built from any distro, on the contrary to the snap packages that are more easily buildable on Ubuntu)

Hi! I did a “Default” build of GDevelop 4 from the github source, but I run the executable and the “Looking for updates” dialog appears, it says in the version info: “Your version: 0.0.0-0-unknown”
Does anyone know why that is?

Version should be determined automatically from the latest github tag. Have you made a full git clone of the sources or just downloaded a zip/tarball of the sources?
If you have not made a git clone, that could explain why version wasn’t detected. You should be able to ignore this though (I hope it won’t make things crash).

I see! I think I only downloaded a tarball. Can some kind of git hook not be set up to modify the actual version when the project gets updated? I assume there is no continuous integration set up, otherwise at least the build version would change automatically on modification.
I will try to clone properly.