Global variables don't hold their values.

When changing scenes, the values of global variables are reset to their initial values. It’s not the same as another report: Global objects don’t hold their global values.

No, everything works correctly.

I had the same thread started like yours.

Basically, unlike clickteam fusion, gdevelop’s global objects actually dont have global values. If you want to use global values, you should check your project’s properties for those. :slight_smile:

This thread is not related to global objects, he is talking about global variables which work perfectly.

If the global variables would work perfectly as you say, then the values of the global variables wouldn’t be reset to their initial values. Which happens always when changing scenes.

‘Basically, unlike clickteam fusion, gdevelop’s global objects actually dont have global values. If you want to use global values, you should check your project’s properties for those.’

I did state global variables, not global variables of global objects. And I did create the global variables in the project properties.

I’ve tested that just 3 hours ago, everything is working.
(But if you change of scene in the editor, then, it will restart with their initial values…)

Pretty sure it works properly.
Just set a global variable to a value, put two scenes, compile/export your game and change from one scene to another and your global variable value will be kept.

When previewing a game in the editor, it works also for HTML5 games but not for native games because for native games you just preview one scene and can’t change scenes.

Also just a side note but please avoid doing two threads about it :slight_smile: