Hello I'm new to the GDevelop forum

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m new to the forum but have being using GDevelop for about 6 months, so I’m still very much a beginner. I’ve been watching the videos and reading loads of great stuff online which has helped me get into things.

My first challenge was to develop a series of small mini games for my grandson to play on his phone. This was a massive learning curve, they are all a bit clunky but it was great fun and it taught me loads about what and what not to do. The link is below.

(Ozzy World France | Play on Liluo.io)

They are designed to work on touch screen (best played on a phone) and use assets from OpenGameArt, ZapSplat and GDevelop Asset Store, plus a few of my own art assets that I developed along the way.

I’ve increased my challenge level now, so my next game is in the very early stages of development. I want to use mainly my own art assets but have found some fantastic music and sounds on SoundImage, which I intend to investigate further. The link to my work so far is below.

(Liluo game build)

It works on touch screen, with a gamepad or keyboard, it’s left and right arrow keys plus space to jump or “A” on a gamepad. Help Ozzy to collect the berries and avoid the spiders.

Please let me know what you think about anything I’ve done. Honest opinions are the best, you won’t upset me. It’s all a big and fun learning curve for me. I’ll post more updates to my game as I go along, it would be great to get good honest feedback to help me improve my game and improve my skills.

I’m really looking forward to being part of the forum.

3 Likes

I didn’t have time to play all the mini games but I did try several and I’m so impressed, with the stories, the setup and the variety of games offered. Hmm so my feedback on it: It’s just a very fun app and when I saw the menu with all the different games I feel like I hit the jackpot. I Especially liked truffle shovel and tic invaders (of the ones I tried) because they were simple enough for me to play well (I am not the best at gymnastics games that need skill and coordination). I will rate the whole app superb, it would be a fun little app to have on my phone and pull out when I’m bored.

On your game in progress, I love the trees, cactus, spiders and the palette and they go well with the slightly eerie music. The fruit didn’t match. I like the background movement and the way the trees fade when you get close to them. I can’t really give you an opinion on the game play because I never got past the first tree. This is not your game it is me, I am horrible at platformers and typically never make it past the first obstacle haha. Great job so far.

Many thanks for your very kind feedback. Really glad you liked the mini games. Also thanks for feedback on my new project, you are right about the fruit colour, going to tweak it to fit in more with the overall look. All the best.