Horizontal dash extension inputs a right input regardless of direction

Ive been working on a platformer that heavily involves rapidly using the dash extension and I’ve been beginning to realize that my player character will sometime randomly bug out and dash in the wrong direction. So recently i built a visual indicator for the directional inputs into my game and discovered that anytime the player dashes a right key input is made, this also counts for when the player is dashing left or any other direction. i’ve tested it a few times(even in a vanilla scene with no other event beyond player character and the dash) and no matter what direction i hold the extension will force a right button input. Idk if this was on purpose or not but i just wanted to bring it up just in case it could possibly be effecting the accuracy of the extension.

1 Like

Hi, I had the same problem. I took a closer look at the horizontal dash behavior in the behavior editor. You can see that it checks which direction the player pressed before the dash. If you change direction shortly after the dash, the dash will be executed in the supposedly wrong direction.

1 Like