How to use Slot System extension?

Hi yall.

I’m not asking for a full guide or video or something to be handed to me. But I was wondering, do you use this extension on it’s own to create inventories and shops? Or do you need to pair it with the built-in Inventories extension?

How does one get started using this extension? Like at it’s most basic level. Can’t really wrap my brain around it.

I don’t see much out there. You can try to contact one of the creators.

This is all I found
https://wiki.gdevelop.io/gdevelop5/extensions/slot-system/

Plus, a demo, which I didn’t understand.

Unfortunately there’s no way to figure out how to use that demo to reverse engineer anything.

I’ve looked at the Wiki page but it just really tells you the commands, no real info on how it all comes together. (its a similar issue I have with a lot of documentation online for anything, lots of “here’s the stuff and what they do” and not much of “how to put stuff into practice so you understand the concepts”.)

1 Like

I agree. Gdevelop doesn’t have enough documention. I looked at the extension. It looks very powerful. There are a lot of events. But… I have no clue how it interacts with an interface.

It seems self-contained. It has actions to convert to Json so it can be saved/loaded with the storage.

I’m going to assume that you can create objects with variable(s) for things like slot name or column and rows to display the slots. You could probably use a for each object or cursor is on object to pick the object and then use it’s object variables to get the information.

I’m not making any promises but I’m curious. I’ll have a deeper dig and see if I can get a better understanding of it.

I think if you setup the objects with variables, it would be fairly automatic in a way and wouldn’t need a lot of events.

For the life of me I can’t figure it out. I thought I made progress but not quite. When I went to Bing for help it found an example. It’s the project from the example. slot_system.zip

I understand the rules of the game. You have a set number of moves. You drag a weapon onto one of the squares next to the moves counter [25\25] You then click the button again to start it spinning like a radar. You then click the play area when an enemy or chest is in the area. As you get stronger weapons, you can swap them and add them to the other 2 buttons. Potions get dragged directly onto the player.