I contacted more than a 100 publishers for my game

@Slash well I mean … I already did that, that’s kinda rude honestly but alright…
Have a nice day!

2 Likes

Hey CorianderGames,

Sure we can be reached at:

braverockgames@gmail.com

https://twitter.com/BraveRockGames

1 Like

@Brave Thank you so much, I’ll get in contact very soon.

You’re welcome, thank you :).

2 Likes

I think numbers are exactly what they want to see, because they also want to make money of your game.

Even tho they would like your game a lot, they might see it is risky to publish your game. What if they searched your game and saw that you don’t have enough potential buyers?

Well, I don’t think that’s enough. And when thinking about how many of those followers etc. will buy the game? it might be 30% or even lower, or it might be higher if you’re lucky.

I hope you also marketing about how many active followers game have and it is getting bigger day by day?

That’s good approach, learning from experiences even if it’s good or bad :+1:

Ps. Sorry, if I sounded like a dick. I did not meant to. I hope you all the best for your journey!

1 Like

@RapaGameZ No no not at all I understand your point 100% but from what I have seen is that there are a lot of games that got released and they weren’t like known or anything, actually they were doing worse than what I have at the moment (in terms of numbers) but yeah I totally get you point and for sure some of them reject it just because of numbers and most rejected it because it wasn’t it their category of games and some reject it because they are just scared of a new IP or like a new solo dev.
But anyway It was an experience after all, and at least I know now what I should be doing.
Which is going solo if there is no other choice.
It’s hard but I have a lot of faith that it will work if I just keep at.
Wish me luck my friend✌️

The whole team at W&A Interactive supports you! Best of luck in all your endeavors! :wink:

1 Like

@lentinese thank you so much :heart:

This is a similar situation that has been in areas such as film and writing books. You have to think of it from the publisher’s point of view. It really is a big risk for unknown content and potential performance. Even if money was not the primary factor new developers especially small developers with only a few or no game publishing history will be more difficult to promote.

So even with things like social media you need to start building a presence by yourself. It’s like when people start our YouTube channel they make content for an audience they grow from scratch. This can go on for some time before they even get some recognition from potential sponsors. Also your game might be good in a technical sense however just like any entertainment different types of genres will do better in spreading among the general population. So you might have very good niche game but if it is not going to be popular with a mass audience, publishers will also see that as more work and more risk even if money was not a primary concern.

So yeah it’s just like any new entertainer starting out you have to find your niche audience and build it up then when you have enough of a presence it will be a great asset when you try to get more backing from publishers and bigger marketers.