I just found an old "complete" unreleased game of mine!

I was looking through my old project files, and came across a game I had made very early on during my use of Gdevelop. Its called “Super Red Blob”, and, if you couldn’t tell by the name, or have never heard of it, sounds like 2 of my games, Legacy Super Blue Blob 1 & 2.

Now, obviously it would make sense for me to publish it, however, the game is pretty bad to say the least. In-fact, I would say it’s the worst game that I have in my project right now, because even with LSBB, which was made first, I at least fixed a few things compared to the original release, not SRB though.

So, I want to know, would anyone be interested in a release to gd.games, or should it stay in the recesses of my projects folder?

Heres a pole for anyone interested to vote.

• Yes, Release Super Red Blob
  • No, It’s probably not worth it
0 voters

Forgot to add a screenshot so here it is!

1 Like

I remember the first time I played the really really first The Impossible Quiz.
By then I’d already spent like 10 hours on the other games, and found it really interesting to go through and see how far the development game.
If you title it properly like Super Red Blob Classic or Prototype, it’ll be really interesting to enthusiasts!

Kinda like how I changed the title of the first three Super Blue Blob games to have “Legacy” in-front, Nice idea.

I would say at least update the graphics. Otherwise, I think it would be really interesting!

Honestly, kinda wanna keep it the way it is, mainly for archival reasons. It’s not like I made this game recently, in-fact it’s probably one of my first few real projects (4th I think).

Also, I didn’t organize any files correctly, and I don’t want to go through the effort of finding each individual sprite, even if there aren’t that many.

One thing I will change is the buttons, which activate once the key touches them, no need for clicking. It’s not that hard to fix, plus it’s not going to effect anything.

Other than that, the game is already such a janky mess, that a graphics overhaul will do virtually nothing.

Looks like a release is coming. I’m going to have to change a few thing before it happens though.