I need game ideas

I want to do something, but I can’t think of anything interesting.
If you have any ideas you’d like to share I would appreciate it.

Ask ChatGPT. Seriously.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this would help, but maybe look at the kind of games that you enjoy that really inspired you to become an indie dev and look into doing your own take on them.

For me, my all-time favorite game is Undertale and I’m in the process of making my own take (or love letter) on that masterpiece.

1 Like

@NS24 triggered a thought - you could look at the old games from 80s and 90s. These are relatively simple but have loads of gameplay.

2 Likes

Exactly what I’m taking into account with my project, at the moment.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, any game in particular (sorry if it’s derailing the thread a tad)?

1 Like

I finally came up with something, I don’t know if I’ll stick to it though, so if anybody sees this feel free to keep posting ideas. Thanks to everybody who replied or will reply!

2 Likes

Bruh but chatgpt either gives really complicated ideas or very basic ideas How about a top down shooter ir a platformer game

I agree with NS24 because I’ve casually tried once . . . and realized very, very quickly, that my previous suspicions were true: AI stories and plotlines are inferior, especially compared to a personal work. Anything you think up would be better. However, if you can find a central mechanic you really like, that would help. I am assuming you are an indie dev and if so, you likely are trying this out more from interest than anything else (I may be naive). Therefore, I can tell you that a parent, a god, and an artist alike, cannot help but love what they have created, and love it more than anything else.

I’m not trying to preach with the “a god” thing. What I mean is that all art, whether fiction or not, is fantasy to a degree. It’s biased and it follows the desires of the artist. All fantasy is ruled first and foremost by the author, whether given to anorther, such as a pantheon, or no.

The game idea is nice I have played a game like this and it was a hit but the image in this game does not look like a anomaly because there are 2 images one is light and one is dark so it does not tell what is the anomaly although a good idea