[Solved] Inconsistent behavior every time I run a preview

Hi everyone,

I’m continuing my goal of understanding all the mechanics in GDevelop by trying to recreate a casual game. I’ve recoded all the logic to stabilize each step. Everything is working well except for the clients’ movement.

The room is divided into multiple tables with 2 or 4 seats. Clients are randomly generated at the bottom of the screen. When I click on a group of clients and then click on a table, they should move to it (currently, in my conditions, I just have them move to the top left corner, just to trigger their movement).

However, every time I run a preview, the behavior is inconsistent even though I perform the exact same clicks (I’ve attached a video with a few tests). Sometimes the group moves, sometimes it doesn’t, and sometimes only the first one moves. How is this possible?

Here are my events:

And my test video:
Tests

Thanks for your patience and your help
ADF

The clients look like they’re being added at different Y positions. I don’t think they’re using the same Y position either with the action that adds the layout or within the layouts. They might be getting “stuck” inside the brown walls. There might not be a valid path. Try moving the clients Y position to the same value as the ones that work.

Wow… You’re right. I didn’t realize it was something so simple that I overlooked it.​
Thanks for your time, this help is very appreciated :pray:t2:

1 Like