Increase gd.games game upload limit of 250MBs for Subscribers

Ever since i found out that the cloud builds have a project limit of 250mbs i kinda got a little worried…

Iv been wanting to make an RPG for a long while now since its my favorite genre, but a simple platformer like mine was already over 100mbs after trimming it down… an RPG is gonna be tough to stay below 250mbs…

Yes i know i can build locally, but the Cloud Service and gd.games is such an amazing, time saving, practical feature… honestly, its probably GDevelops best feature.

Id pay a premium for extra Build size on gd.games and cloud builds in a heart beat.

Maybe make it an extra in a subscription, like Silver gets 500mbs for cloud builds while gold gets 750mbs and PRO gets unlimited or something, id pay for that…

…and as for upload to gd.games, if your game has more than 250mbs, you can pay a one time license fee for storing your larger game on gd.games, like 20$ per 50 extra MBs, something along those lines…

It would be another form of revenue, it would still be a premium service that was outside of the free engine itself and it would give people with larger projects the same easy to work features smaller projects have.

I think this would be specially usefull now that more 3D features are being added in and projects might start getting bigger in scope… but truthfully… i just want my RPG space haha :smiley:

To be clear, the 250MB limit is only for uploading to gd.games, not for normal builds.

Oh! I must of missread something than, i stand corrected…

…still, i would be happy to pay a premium to upload a bigger game onto gd.games.

Being able to quickly upload a game for testing, sharing, updating said game, with a couple of cliques, gd.games being a online browser service, not having to make accounts to use it, not having to download some sort of “app”, its all AMAZING stuff…

Its been such a life saver and amazing experience, id really love the ability to upload big games onto the platform.

1 Like