Issue with Extension (Autotyping Animation)

Hello,

there has been an update very recently on this extension :

Since then, I cant use it anymore. Even if I add it to a BBtext object, there is no typing effect. And when I try to go back to that object behaviour to check the settings, the scene crash and I got a github report message.

All I can do is delete the extension to be able to get my scene working again.
Anybody having the same issue ?

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Thank you for reporting these issues.

The old behavior for BBText was typing the tags as normal characters which caused big timing issue. It will be added back at some point when the timing issue is fixed.

About the crash in the editor, we’ll check what can be done but it can only be fixed in a future release.
What is the error message?

Are you able to remove the behavior when the extension is uninstalled to continue working on your project?

1 Like

You are welcome !
I’ve been able to remove the extension, not from the object, since this is the part that make the scene “crash”, but from the project directly.

There is no crash when I make a preview. Only in the editor, when I’ve been trying to go back checking in the object when I notice there was no typing effect during my preview.

I can unfortunaly take a screenshot, since donc have this message anymore ! I dont understand why.

Is there another way to have this typing effect ?

You can either use an other text object or copy the old extension from one of your project backups.

I tried to reproduce the issue by updating the extension in the “Top-Down RPG” example, but it didn’t crash (here, it’s the Bitmap Text object, but it should work the same).

This is the message I’ve had :

And it was only on the scene I’ve added the extension on the BBtxt object (though the extension was also in the project). The only way I could get my scene back was to remove the extension from the whole project.

But I cant reproduce it neither …
How can I get the old version back if I’ve never used it ?
Is there a way you “send it” to me ? I really need this effect for my game =p

This is the message I’ve had

The error message is actually in the console (Ctrl + Shift + I) and is attached to the GitHub issue if you create one using the button. Without the error message, there is not much we can do.

How can I get the old version back if I’ve never used it ?

This example still has an old version of the extension, but there still big timing issues with BBText so it’s not really usable:

I managed to get the message again, just after adding the extension to the project, then going to my object, then on the behaviour tab and this is where it crash.
Here is all the console messages :