[Leaderboards][WOW Scores] - Add leaderboards to your games

Hello everyone, I have been preparing this project for the last few weeks.

I had realized that there is practically no dedicated platform for developers to integrate a scoring system with GDevelop and I decided to make an API.

It is easy to use and I have created a sample project for everyone who wants to test it before integrating it into their games.

In order to use the API, you have to register on the web https://www.wowscores.com once registered you will be able to create your games and by doing so you will obtain the API keys, to be placed in GDevelop.

At the moment I have not placed restrictions on its use because it is in beta phase.
Please, if you find errors, you can let me know at support@wowscores.com

Oh it’s free.

UPDATE: As @jumpingj requested

• Added two new methods to get all players with rank an single player with rank
  • Pending: Docs in website must be udated for the two new methods.
  • Pending: Show ranks in website.
Website updates
  • Added built-in tickets support system so I can give support in site.
  • Added slugs for games .
Demos in HTML5
  1. HTML5 Demo 1.0.0 here
  2. HTML5 Demo 1.0.1 here
GDevelop Projects
  1. GD project 1.0.0 here
  2. GD project 1.0.1 here

I also leave you some videos on how to register and add a game.

How to use the GDevelop 5 project.

9 Likes

I don’t understand this part of the ToS:

WOW Scores Is a freelance reviewer designed and built for iPhone , iPod and iPad applications. These products are trademarks of Apple

Anyways, that’s pretty nice.

WOW. I test it right away

Oh, sorry for that is because this web is a copy of other web of mine and the TOS was copied but not checked, now is fixed.

Hi,
congratulations for the tool.I need it.

I have a doubt: in your GD project (https://www.wowscores.com/wowscores-gd-project-1.0.0.zip) I noticed that you have inserted an extension but in the code you never use it and you call the commands directly (ex. POST …).
What do you recommend to use: the function or direct commands (like in your example) ?

The extension is working too is just not used in the project sample.

it is available in case the developer does not want to use it directly.
It is as best explained and you only have to place the parameters in the text boxes available in the extension.

For use:
Is the same using direct or the extension.

Let me ask you, just to get a feedback.
Do you added a game?
Do you checked if all is working?
Thanks.

Hi [UlisesFreitas] (Profile - UlisesFreitas - GDevelop Forum),
yes, i’m trying it.
I have not noticed any particular problems.

A doubt: using your project the score is always zero (but I don’t know if this is a GD project example problem or a service bug or a programmer choise).

I have another question: is it possible to receive only the ranking position (not all rankings of all players but only the Word Wide Position player?). It is not easy to extract it using Gdevelop for me: mild_smile:

A doubt: using your project the score is always zero (but I don’t know if this is a GD project example problem or a service bug or a programmer choise).

When you add a new player the score is 0, then use SetScore to change it.

I have another question: is it possible to receive only the ranking position (not all rankings of all players but only the Word Wide Position player?). It is not easy to extract it using Gdevelop for me: mild_smile:

Is not posible right now.
The response is to get all players of the game order by score high/low
If you want a specific player score you can get with GetScore of that particular player.

Features that i need to add:
More filters to get scores:

• Like get latest 5, 10, 20
  • Add player by default and set score when is adding the player for the first time.
1 Like

So I suggest you to include the Player ranking position :slight_smile:

Have you already decided how you will manage the commercial aspect for the future? Will it be a paid service, free offer …?

In case I will release an official app I would like to give a financial contribution for your work .

Is it a problem if I insert the service link of into game credits screen ?

So I suggest you to include the Player ranking position :slight_smile:

I will try to add this, for now you can calculate the player ranking knowing that the get-all-players request response is an ordered list of players of the game that start with the 1st place and ends with the last place.

Have you already decided how you will manage the commercial aspect for the future? Will it be a paid service, free offer …?

Not for now but one thing is for sure always is going to be a free membership for everyone, maybe in the future i add other features as paid, but is not the intention of this project.

In case I will release an official app I would like to give a financial contribution for your work .

LOL, thats sounds good, i’m going to add some donation link for everyone who want to contribute.

Is it a problem if I insert the service link of into game credits screen ?

No problem at all, you can do it, if you want is a good way to promote this project.

Hi,
using your wonderful solution, I have a new doubt: if I use the “Add a new player” function how can I retrieve the answer? (without function is JSON_RETRIEVED text scene variable)

Thanks,
J

Hi, is not possible right now, i’m preparing other ways into the extension to add your own custom scene variables to get the results.

1 Like

Another request: insert the possibility to create / modify users directly on the site.
During the testing phase it might be useful to quickly insert examples.

Thanks

Hi, I can try to add that feature but i think is not recommended because the owner of each game can add fake players and that is not good at all. But anyway i guess this weekend i have some time to add that feature.

1 Like

hello, I hope my tips are a help for you and do I’m not boring you (I’m becoming your official tester :grin:). I have another doubt: I can register the same user name several times but the is the possible error “user already registered”. It is not clear for me the meaning of that error. thank you

I can register the same user name several times but the is the possible error “user already registered”. It

The API is prepared to register the same nickname for different users because the nickname has an addition to the text entered by user or player, looks like
Ulises|3984203894 another user nickname is Ulises too but the pipe number separator is different.
This way we can store the same nickname for anyone, thanks to the ID separator.

(I’m becoming your official tester :grin:).

You are the one :slight_smile: Thanks for your help I appreciate it a lot.

Hi, are you offering jobs that we pay and you help us do it? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

P.S: I am serious

1 Like

This seems super cool. Where can we download the extension? I’d rather use the extension than to clutter my events with logic related to this.

Achievements would be cool as well.

I’m using it from one year and it is fantastic.
You can find the documentation in https://www.wowscores.com/.
It’s very easy to use.