Minecraft in 2D: MINE2D

Mine2D is a Minecraft fangame in 2D. I’ve always wanted to create a game with the same block-themed concept and similar features to Minecraft. The game has been in development for several years. I always try to continue with the project, but when it comes to a certain mechanic, I sometimes abandon it, only to come back months later. That’s why the development is so slow. However, I’ve learned a lot from developing this game, and I still intend to finish it. But until then, anyone can play the beta version on gd.games.

3 Likes

one of the first versions of the game

Honestly I was so surprised you recreated your Max2D project Ithought it was the same project. Good work on the migration to GDevelop.

2 Likes

I can help you I’m also making the same project but I need help with arts and u have great art in ur game but u can’t save state, place blocks and there’s no terrain generation in your game, I can help with all of that but I wouldn’t dive to dip cuz I want to monetize the game.
DM me on Facebook Redirecting...
Itz Michael is the name on Facebook

1 Like

The system of block placement and procedural generation has already been implemented in previous versions, albeit in a rather basic manner. The system I’m developing for procedural generation already includes the concept of chunks, with only a lighting system that doesn’t compromise performance missing. I’m already considering an approach that uses matrices and shades for this purpose.

1 Like

Oh then can u give me a link so I can get or see previous versions
Also can you save state in the game?

1 Like

The procedural generation version I used to access is no longer available. It only existed in APK format, and as I made updates, I ended up losing the files. However, there is an alternative version that allows placing blocks and includes elements such as water, sand, wood, doors, a life system, bubbles, and lighting.

I haven’t added a saving system yet because it’s not necessary as there are still few useful codes in the game. When I have the chunk system implemented and all the data like mobs, blocks, and items are saved in each chunk, I will add a system to create, save, and delete worlds.

This makes me realize how insane i was to even think of making a 3d minecraft in gdevelop, im doing it-