Need a free effect? You make the request

Nice effects Kalel!

The effects come without GD code because this depends on your usage a lot.

Let’s say you want the electric orb effect to follow your main player object (as a kind of bonus shield or etc).

Here is what you would do:

1. Make a new object in Gdevelop for the ElectricOrb, load as many frames as you want (more = slower game but better animation), and set it to “repeat” and set the desired speed you want
  2. In events, write a condition such as:

If collision between Player and BonusPickupObject=1 then create ElectricOrb at position Player.X(), Player.Y() set zdepth of Orb as 2

And each time the player moves (or always if you don’t know when the player moves) you should repeat the actions to position the electric orb at player.x() and player.y().

This is just an example, zdepth can be above or below the player object as you wish (you get a different effect that way) and you may want to position with an offset E.g. Player.X()+10, Player.Y()+10 to get the desired position.

Thanks a bunch! Let me know if you have some more ideas. :slight_smile:

no ? yes ? :smiley:

I don’t have a specific code, can you give an example usage on where you wish to use?

Oooo, i think i understand.
The effect haven’t been done with GD particules generator, yeah ?

:slight_smile:

That’s correct, the effects are just image files, mostly aimed at HTML 5 users, as it doesn’t support the particles.

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi, I’m making a game and I need to put a picture of lives with images and I have the images with the 3 hearts but I do not need the programming of collision with the enemies to be able to make the variable and the image that shows the lives change until reaching 0, I hope someone can help me as soon as possible