Objects not showing in Scene editor

Hi all,

I am starting to use Game Develop and I am going through the tutorial and the examples.

Unfortunately, whenever I close the program and reopen it, the objects in the game are not showing in the Scene editor. They are in the Object list but they are not visible in the scene itself. If I try to run the game I cannot see anything but the background color either.

I always need to go to the Object editor, delete the animation and redo it from scratch: I need to pick the animation again and set the direction or rotation, and the it finally appears on the screen.

The same applies with example games: I can only see the background color, and if I want to see what the game actually does, I need to redo one object animation at a time. Quite tedious.

I am running Game Develop on a Lubuntu distribution.

Is this a bug or am I do something wrong?

Thanks,

DiSc

Hello,

The Linux (Ubuntu) version of Game Develop is not considered as stable.
It’s probably a bug.

Hi,

What is your graphic card ? Are you using the latest drivers ?
I’ve never tested GD on Lubuntu, but the bug is quite strange, I’ve never encountered it before, even on Ubuntu.

Hi Victor & 4ian,

Thank you for the replies and sorry for the late reply, I was busy in the weekend.

So, an lspci return, among other things:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 03)

I have the 2:2.14.0 driver version installed, and according to Synaptics and a little googling is the latest version. I suppose I could compile the driver released on intellinuxgraphics.org… but I am too much of a wimp for that. Hey, there’s a reason I use Ubuntu after all :blush: .

Hm, is there a way to run Game Develop on wine?

Thanks a lot,

Diego

Well it is working with wine, I should be fine with that.

Thank you all,

DiSc